Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I’m probably going to go see that new Star Wars movie this weekend. The last time I cared about anything related to Star Wars was about a week after episode one came out in theaters.

Will I need to see the other movies to get this one or can I get by on rudimentary knowledge of the series?

2. eight30

Regular

My friend gifted me a 3 month subscription for Christmas! Just waiting for my card now.

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I would recommend watching Force Awakens, since this one is a direct sequel to that movie.

4. That's what I was sort of afraid of--I've only seen The Room in bits and pieces. Oh well, should be an experience.

So far I've used my Moviepass for Justice League and Lady Bird. Hoping to go to Disaster Artist, Coco, and a few more this month.

beachdude42 and yeahrightdude like this.
  5. jjnunn118

I got my MoviePass yesterday and I'm already at my second film this week, with plans to see a third tomorrow!

I'm the kinda user MoviePass dreads

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I got mine two and a half weeks ago and I’ve already seen six movies. I still need to see Coco and I’ll probably see justice league eventually too unfortunately.

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. StevenW92

Regular

So is it $10 a month for unlimited movies? If so that’s incredible value. How much is a typical movie to see?

I pay £17.90 a month for unlimited movies, gradually creeped up from £15.40 but I’ve had it for 4 and a half years. There’s an extra charge for 4dx and imax films of around £5 per movie but can’t complain as it still saves me plenty as opposed to buying film by film.

8. Dog with a Blog

Where I live, a standard movie costs about $14. So, if I even see one movie a month then it's worth it.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yup same,so right now one movie saves me money

beachdude42 and Bloodsucker II like this.
  10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

thinking about getting a pair of these for my boyfriend and myself. just spent $25 to see star wars together and was like, hmmm getting a movie pass would have been the same price. one question i have: if you want to see imax/3D/whatever specialty stuff, is it just an upcharge? like do they apply a standard credit and then you pay the extra $5, or can you just not purchase specialty tickets at all with movie pass?

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

You're not allowed to see IMAX or 3D with the movie pass

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

BUT you are allowed to abuse the Regal points system with it and get upgrades lol

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't use my rewards card I have a conscience

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. personalmaps

15. Shrek

yeahrightdude likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. jjnunn118

Anyone feel really uncomfortable in an empty theater? I got off work early so I decided to catch a 2:15 for Killing of A Sacred Deer and I'm the only one in here and it's a bizarre feeling

18. Shrek

i fucking live for those times!

19. Dog with a Blog

it's my preferred way of seeing a movie tbh. Though I will say, when I worked at the movies, sometimes I'd pop my head into a screen and the movie would be playing for nobody and that felt kinda wrong

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Never seen a movie completely alone, sometimes it's just a handful of people

21. Dog with a Blog

I think the last movie I saw where I was completely alone was Brigsby Bear

22. personalmaps

The best day of my entire life was when I got to see Fincher’s Girl w the Dragon Tattoo alone at like 10am.

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I tend to go at off times so I'm lucky and that happens fairly often. Especially since I've gotten MoviePass and I'm just watching whatever bullshit has been at the theater for 6 weeks.

I went to see The Breadwinner the other day and was running a little late. I guess they hadn't sold any tickets until mine because I walk in the theater, it's empty, lights on, nothing playing... as I turned to walk back out, the lights dim and the movie comes on right at the beginning, no trailers or credits. This was 20 minutes after the listed showtime.

beachdude42 and yeahrightdude like this.
  24. jjnunn118

Usually there's at least one or two other people there, but this is the first time I've ever seen one completely alone. Little arthouse cinema here in town so it kinda bummed me out knowing they were losing money on my screening

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw my 10th movie 1 month after I got my card and that means every movie for the next 11 months is technically free.

I want to try to see 100 movies before my subscription renews