Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 141

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Still wish I had an AMC near me so I could have A-List. Closest theater to me is Cinemark and their subscription service is total garbage.

I’ve heard Regal’s subscription is decent, right? My next closest big theater (quite a bit further but not TOO bad) is Regal.

3. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

has anyone ever been to an IPIC? moving to an area where thats the closest theater and I've never been to one, but it seems fancy

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I have regal unlimited at it rules. I got a Black Friday deal and got a year for $160. I think normally it would have been like $220? Something like that. I figured if I saw at least 16 movies I’d come out ahead since their tickets are $11.01. I’ve already seen 33 movies in the theater since then. So I’m getting far more than my moneys worth. You can see multiple movies a day but the start times have to be 3 hours apart, which really isn’t that difficult of a scenario here. Though I haven’t utilized that yet.

beachdude likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

so, cineworld (which owns regal) filed for (chapter 12?) bankruptcy. hopefully doesn’t lead to any shutdowns here, but for all i know that might be a sign that there could be a ceiling as far as what can be provided with RU

6. Greg

Oh shit, if I lose my regal my depression will take over again.

7. Moviepass waitlist opens this week. Can’t wait to see if it’s cool or an absolute shit show.

Attached Files:

8. Greg

Spoiler alert: it’ll be a shitshow

9. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

riotspray and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  10. Greg

I, for one, am shocked they aren’t rolling out in a small town in the middle of Florida. Interested to see how it’s gonna work.

Attached Files:

11. I signed up for the beta testing, but I’m in SLC Utah so we’ll see when it eventually gets to me.

12. Greg

I signed up mostly just to learn what the hell is happening with it. I’m super happy with my Regal Unlimited and don’t see myself jumping ship anytime soon.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

the signup said they're doing a credits system where you need a certain amount to watch something which defeats the purpose of moviepass haha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. Yeah, I don’t have a regal or anything like that close enough to me to justify getting in on one of those, so I’m hoping Moviepass will be even a little bit cool so I can just go across the street to our cinemark theater and catch a discounted movie.

Greg likes this.
  15. Greg

But how do you earn credits? That’s what I want to know. Are they really doing the ads that track your eyeballs?

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

doesn't look like it's worth it

upload_2022-9-6_21-48-10.png

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The average movie ticket is like $8-$12, so even getting two a month for $10 is a deal

I know when I worked a theater the moviepass cards never worked and they were a pain in the ass, so I dunno.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, around here I can get unlimited movies at either AMC or Alamo Drafthouse for $20 a month. I guess in other markets, it might be more enticing.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Apparently it's debt related and theaters won't close

20. Serh Nov 1, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2022)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

regal unlimited is increasing it's cost 49-99 cents a month starting later this week

21. Greg

Boo

22. has anyone in here been doing the new Moviepass beta testing thing? or know people that are? i'm super curious to know if people are liking it enough, or if it's garbage.

24. AMC is doing a Visa card, I guess for rewards in Stubs points. I wouldn't use it myself, but like. Clever, really, given how often I use A-List and grab an admittedly overpriced snack from concessions. I find myself buying food at concerts more often now, too, I figure the often smaller venues I go to aren't making most of their money through ticket sales. And the bartenders are probably underpaid, but I digress.

25. Greg

Oh yea, I was finally given access to MoviePass. I think I’ll pass.