Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 139

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I just have no drive for new movies to warrant starting up before the 7/1 date.

That being said, I’ve gone to my local art house/non-profit theater four times in the last two weeks to see Minari, Memories of Murder, Sound of Metal, and Possessor (uncut) and I’ve had a great time.

coleslawed and blast0rama like this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

been thinking of reactivating A-List ever since Spiral came out, but the theater closest to me is only doing one showing a day at like 6pm for each movie

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I feel like I'm out of the loop, what's A-List? :crylaugh: Is that like the new MoviePass?

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

AMC’s subscription service. 3 movies a week for your monthly fee.

beachdude likes this.
  5. beachdude

Gotcha thanks. I looked into it and it looks solid… honestly the only issue is I’m not *that* close to an AMC theater, like my nearest isn’t that far away in the grand scheme of things but I never go because I have several theaters closer. So idk if it’d be worth it for me personally. I’m glad the theater chains are getting on board with stuff like this though!

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm waiting for a constant stream of movies I want to see before resubbing, but I loved having Celebration Cinema's monthly pass ($20 for 3 movies/week).

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fuck off

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

But no proof of vaccination is required. Trusting the honor system in this country is a very misguided exercise.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

its why i'm never taking mine off for the rest of the year.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Rest of my life*

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

and yet the employees have to stay masked, very telling about how little they value the moviegoers

12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

To be fair, they don’t value the employees much either.

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the employees in my theater tonight weren't masked tbh

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

was it a regal

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

tru

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

a 17 year old ticket taker will turn their head in the direction of the vaccine card, not read a single word off of it, and say "you're good"

there's really nothing you can do. a huge percentage of our country is legitimately deranged and they'll drag everything down with them

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh boy, I got the alert that Alamo Season Pass will be restarting and the first month will be free. October is going to be incredible.

20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'd love to switch from AMC to Alamo

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I have one for a Michigan chain called Celebration (3 movies/week for $20/month) and I love it. What's cool about it too is that there's a parking garage attached to this new theater they built in Grand Rapids downtown and if you buy a movie ticket they validate parking for 4 hours, so when I go to shows I park there, get a ticket, validate it, and then take off. I use it for parking for concerts so now it's being able to also park for $20 a month.

SteveLikesMusic and riotspray like this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone else get an email recently about “regal unlimited black”

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I didn't (yet)

25. beachdude

Man why can’t Cinemark have a decent one LOL, that’s the only theater close to me and our subscription is weak

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.