Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 137

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

if you're going to the theater right now, I can't imagine you'd be that worried about social distancing and masks

yeahrightdude and koryoreo like this.
  2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, like anyone concerned wouldn't be going. There is no movie that could make me want to risk getting sick. Fuck Regal and AMC.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven't gotten any messages from Alamo about their season pass restarting. Seems like they might wait it out.

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

jkauf likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It looks like my theater only has showings 4-8 on weekdays, I can't imagine risking my/my familys life just to work a 4 hour shift...

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I miss MoviePass

9. I miss movie theaters (but also wtf don't reopen now)

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Regal added a feature where you can add someone else’s Unlimited to your account and reserve multiple seats at the same time, which is a feature my wife and I have been wanting since it started!

cant wait to use it in like a year!!!

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

they better not be charging me while none of the regals in MA are open anyway

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I tried to cancel my sub, it autodrafts an email that you have to send. I did that like a week ago and still haven't heard anything.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

what's it tell ya that the comments are turned off for this one

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

okay, whew, I'm convinced

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Did anyone cancel with Regal? I got an email from corporateboxoffice@regalcinemas.com with the following message:

Hello,

We have previously reached out to you regarding your refund request. Since we have not heard back, we are re-sending our original e-mail.

We have received your request for a cancellation and refund of your Regal Unlimited subscription. We sincerely apologize for the delay in response.

In order to process your refund, we must contact you to secure your credit card information. If you are not comfortable providing that information over the phone, we can issue a refund check for the amount, or a Regal gift card.* If you choose the refund check or gift card option, please reply to this e-mail with your name and mailing address and we will submit the request.

If you would rather supply your credit card over the phone for an immediate refund, please reply to this e-mail with the best time to reach you during the week (M-F, 9:00 am-5:00 pm EST), as well as your phone number. Once we receive the information, we will be happy to contact you in the next 5-7 business days. Please note, if you have more than one request for Unlimited cancellation, please include the information when responding to this e-mail.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to making this right.

Sincerely,

Regal Customer Service

It seems like a bogus email, but the from: seems legit?

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  18. Greg

Theaters are so fucked.

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Ouch.

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Wow

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's killing me that now my theater is showing all these movies I'd love to revisit in theaters (Akira in 4k, Total Recall, Pyscho, Jurassic Park) but I'm not trying to die so I can't. By the time it's totally safe to see a movie, there probably won't even be a theater to go to.

22. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

need to see akira in 4k

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I came extremely close to spending nearly $40 on 3 Akira tickets so I'd have a huge buffer if anyone else showed up but it didn't feel right and I don't think I could wear a mask for 2 hours straight

24. I've been to 3 movies since this all started. The first one, I was the only person in the theater. The second one, my wife rented out a whole theater for us and my brothers to see Jurassic Park. And then the third time, it was only my wife and I and another couple 8 rows up from us.

I don't know if all theaters are doing this right now, but at our theater across the street, they only allow every other row to have people seated, and no one can buy seats within 2 seats of whichever ones you buy. I've also made sure to not buy tickets until 15-20 minutes before so I can see what the seating is like. If there are more than a couple small groups in there, I don't do it. It's definitely better safe than sorry.

25. Greg

The Empire Strikes Back didn’t get me back into the theater. I’m not sure what other movie could at this point.

aoftbsten likes this.