Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 132

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Good call. Thanks!

riotspray likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

that's my plan

Groogz likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed the shorts. Going to see the animated ones tomorrow.

riotspray likes this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Does Regal Unlimited still have the thing where they will charge you even if you cancel?

5. i wish it was a regal theater that was right across the street from my apartment...

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Gotta say i'm super happy i got my Regal Unlimited. there's three i can choose from now that i moved, only one AMC and it's not great. the Regal is suuuper nice. recliners, attached tray tables, stadium level seating, very impressed. yeah it's annoying i still get charged 50 cents convenience fee, but i missed going to the movies more. definitely noticed a dip when i didn't have any subscription.

7. Does Cinemark have a badass subscription deal yet? Until then, I'm pretty much SOL...

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Hmmm... Yeah, only 1 free movie a month isn't very badass. The fact that they rollover is cool though, I suppose. I go to more than 1 movie a month, generally, though. Mannnn I really miss unlimited free movies with MoviePass... haha

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

A list is super convenient for me but I get that ymmv

11. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Signed up for Alamo Season Pass. I know if I go 3-4 times a month it's worth but it's still hard to take the $1.70 convenience fee. Especially since there is no option to go inside and get tickets.

riotspray likes this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's so frustrating that I can't just go inside and purchase a ticket since I live literally right nextdoor to the Alamo.

thedrudo and riotspray like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder if at some point this will change. Seems like they are getting some backlash for it.

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. BackyardHero11

Trusted

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think I’d rather a small discount on food and drink at this point. I’ve spent so much there just on popcorn and boozy milkshakes alone haha

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Rumor is that AMC is going to waive the 6 month time period for A List if you cancel and then want to resubscribe.

riotspray likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

What happens if there aren't 2 movies a month

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Gotta watch the same one multiple times

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I have A List tickets for Bloodshot and The Hunt tonight. Debating on whether to go or not. On one hand, I don't really want to risk it just to see a movie that I could see later on, but on the other hand, looking at the seat map, the theater is virtually empty, and I can just wipe down the seat....

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Debating canceling my Alamo Seasonpass for the next few months, but I've already paid for March. Most screenings next to me are virtually empty and buying tickets through the app means I don't have to interact with anyone. But still, I don't want to risk anything just to see a movie.

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Have they said yet if the cancelation rule applies right now? If you cancel normally, you can’t sign up again for a year.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t seen anything come through about that yet, which is unfortunate. I’ll cancel it if I have to though.

thedrudo likes this.
  24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

the way i see it at least for myself, is that i was already committed and have it in my budget to continue to pay for the subscription, i'll let it keep going as my way of being able to contribute to the theatre experience while i don't feel comfortable going. but for any that choose to or need to cancel that's great for amc to wave that rule so that people can pick back up hopefully sooner than later

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

GrantCloud and SmithBerryCrunch like this.