Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 131

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

did the same today

cybele and riotspray like this.
  2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Those stipulations for Alamo are doodoo, what a bummer.

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

4. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Trying to catch four movies this weekend (Ford Vs Ferrari, Knives Out, The Irishman, and Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood) reminds me of the good ol’ moviepass day’s

riotspray likes this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Does Knives Out open this weekend? I didn't think it was coming out until mid next week. The Irishman too, but I know it's different in different places.

6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

There are some advance screenings of Knives Out in some places, I'm going to one on Saturday as well

riotspray likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It starts Friday here.

riotspray likes this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

nice I need to do some searching and see if there's anything around here

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

nelson muntz laugh

blast0rama and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just got the email to join the beta waitlist here.
    signed up to be notified, but not sure I’ll pull the trigger. I’d probably end up just spending way too much on beer + food there.

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been enjoying it, but yea I've spent waaaaayyyy too much on food and drink.

12. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I can report showcase subscribe works great although the savings are not as much as I used to get for sinemia by far. Still worth it.

13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

My Alamo Season Pass is still in Beta. Should come in the next couple weeks though they have continually said that and continually pushed it back.

14. musicfan10

Trusted

Any chance of MoviePass returning

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

gonna say prolly not

coleslawed likes this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

yeah MoviePass is DONE

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn’t bet against them being back in the news at some point.

riotspray likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I subscribed to Celebration Cinema's similar service back in November. $20/month for 3 movies a week. Also works with this music venue they opened that you can earn points off too, which is cool.

I used it a LOT for Oscar season, but haven't been to the theaters at all in January so it's kind of a wash for now. The service runs really smoothly though and I'm enjoying myself.

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Still kicking it with AMC A-List. It's been about 14 months now and overall it's been worth it. At times I felt like I wasn't going enough to justify it, but over the course of the year it's worked itself out.

Alamo sent me another email hinting that their service was coming soon, but they've been hinting at it in my area for like a year so who knows... They'd have to allow entrance into special events though for me to consider jumping ship.

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

regal unlimited has been incredible

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

i absolutely loved my AMC pass, but the other theatre options around me now that I moved are just better theatres. but sadly none of them have anything. Cinemark does but it's not that great in comparison. Wish I had an Alamo near me, truly the dream haha

22. I think there's a new Alamo in DTLA. Too far, tho. The three AMCs in Burbank are much closer. A-List has definitely been worth it.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Debating using my season pass tonight for The Gentleman or the Oscar Live Action Shorts. Anyone seen either?

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'd go see the Oscar shorts first. The Gentlemen will probably be playing for at least a few more weeks but the Oscar shorts will likely be gone after this week. I plan on going to both the Live Action and Animated this weekend.

aoftbsten and Groogz like this.
  25. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Same here. I didn't expect them to be included with A-List but when I saw that they are, I jumped on it and got tickets to see them both back to back on Sunday.

riotspray likes this.