Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 128

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

not if your city predominantly has regals lol. this isn’t rocket science. each of the deals have roughly the same parameters with roughly the same price. if you live in a regal city, you’re obviously gonna prefer this and if you’re in an AMC region, you’re obviously gonna like A list. jeez.

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

No one said it was rocket science. Chill.

GrantCloud and ChaseTx like this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I thought I read somewhere you don’t pay the fee if you purchase it at the theater?

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought the site said you can only reserve tickets through the app and not at the theater at all? I’m pretty confused about a lot of it so I could be wrong though.

5. Greg

I don’t remember where I read it now. But it said the fee is a convenience fee, so if you do it there you don’t get charged because you didn’t do it the convenient way.

I dunno.

We will hopefully have answers on Monday.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

The fee is only if you book online through your phone. Same exact fee if you buy a ticket to any movie theatre on their website or another site like Fandango, etc. If you get tickets at the theatre you don't get charged a convenience fee. Mostly, well, because it isn't convenient to do it at the theatre. Especially if you want to book several movies in advance right when they go on sale. But hey, if you want to spend the gas money to drive to the theatre to book it instead of the convenience fee thats all good too.

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It's the same way if you redeem crown club points for a ticket. Book it through the app and you pay like $1, at the theater it's free.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I found what I was looking for, it said you can only make reservations in person for same-day showings. That still really sucks considering how much they are pushing it as an app-focused service.

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

So there's no way to avoid the convenience fee unless you buy the ticket at the box office AND it's for a showtime that day?

Like I couldn't go watch a movie today and while I'm there go ahead and buy tickets for a show tomorrow?

10. Greg

My theater is chill enough that buying day of is no problem for me. If I’m worried about selling out for some reason, I live 5 minutes away or I’ll pay 50 cents.

11. phaynes12

yeah i always book day of, shoutout charlotte

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Reserving the ticket ahead of time through A-List is one of the service’s greatest strengths. Being able to show up when trailers are ending and not have to worry about getting in a line to buy a ticket is so nice.

I always loved going to Regals and it seems like subscription based services will be here to stay. AMC is doing it right without the fees

BackyardHero11 and riotspray like this.
  13. Greg

AMC isn’t an option for me. It’s an hour away without traffic.

Regal’s may not be as good, but it’ll certainly save me money and bring me great enjoyment.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  14. phaynes12

regals are so much better here. it isn't even a comparison. cinemarks are the closest best thing to regal here.

15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

AMC is better in certain areas. It’s not rocket science

16. phaynes12

i said here. you didn't. quit being a dweeb.

17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Says the person following me into threads. Sure.

18. phaynes12

i’ve been in this thread for literal months. this is bizarre. please stop lol.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lol same.

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

We can be friends. I love it if you love it

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

The AMC here is a dump and that's being kind. It just depends where you live. I'll probably still switch to regal given that they are way better theaters here and I can still buy at the theater if its not the first week of a movie. Looking forward to the roll out and could see the convenience fee going away over time.

22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Just signed up for a year of Regal Unlimited. It’s good to be back, baby B-)

Mrplum5089 and wordzanddreamz like this.
  23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

All signed up, actually considered getting an AMC one too because I could probably make both worth my while, but we'll see how this goes.

24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh cool so apparently Regal Unlimited movies are 55 cents each instead of free when you get tickets through their app because they still charge a convenience fee. Wtf

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Not worth it at all at my theater because the cheapest tier costs about the same as going to 4 matinee showings