Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 127

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Regals are few and far between here but let's see what the cost is

Oh it's in the article ok

Still waiting on Alamo but tempted to get the AMC one in the meantime

2. Kind of missed out on the first wave of summer movies. Wonder how successful it would've been had it been a thing two months sooner.

3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

what I would give for an Alamo near me :(

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Happy for those that are really looking forward to this and I know some in here have really bad AMC's near them. but I lucked out with two really good AMC's, and their deal I just get more out of personally.

5. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Starts Monday
    please keep this in here they are being super strict about it.

jkauf, Serh and Mrplum5089 like this.
  6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Fuuuuuuck yeaaaaa!!!!!

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

let’s goooo

8. There's only one Regal near me, vs. three AMCs, but I'm happy for y'all.

9. No, seriously, guys, I don't think you understand how ridiculous this is.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amc+burbank

Try making plans with people who are unfamiliar with the area when there's THREE OF THEM WITHIN THREE BLOCKS OF EACH OTHER.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

holy fuuuuuuuuuuck

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  11. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

H Y P E

12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

There's tons of regals near me. Three within a 20 minute drive and two more downtown within 5 minutes of my work. Sounds like all of the same perks as AMC except the skip the line, which my AMC ignores half of the time anyways. Super excited about this and can't wait to see all the movies I can handle.

13. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I feel like anyone growing up here has gone to the wrong one at least once in their life

(I have)

Also last time when I went to the one that's downstairs they didn't even check my ticket, just let me walk right on in??

14. I wish we had a regal theater....

Richter915 likes this.
  15. BackyardHero11

Trusted

two main things i'm not a fan of for the Regal in comparison to AMC one is the up-charge, I can see Dolby or IMAX without any upcharges, and the convenience/service fee, i don't pay any of those with AMC, even if i purchase an extra ticket for a friend, half off, no convenience fee. Regal charges 50 cents. i know it's not much, but didn't expect them to still charge that for using the app if you're doing the subscription.

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I can see Regal HQ across the river from my job’s breakroom so i was convinced we’d be on the highest price point. We’re not! Excellent news.

Richter915 likes this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

100% would’ve done the same from a capitalism standpoint. They got full price out of the launches of the top five movies of the year. Avengers, Aladdin, Toy Story, Spider-Man, and Lion King would’ve been a lot of money left on the table.

We’ll never see it, but it would be hyper interesting to see how AMC’s financials panned out with this movies when you take into account concession spending of those same ticket buyers.

18. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Plus theater but we don't have any upcharge options besides 3D so that doesn't bother me

19. Good point, didn't think of it that way. Pretty strategic to have their subscription service come after all the big movies.

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Service fees is the big draw back. I have no reason to switch if that’s still present.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah it's the same price as A list here plus 50 cents a movie so switching makes no sense for me personally but glad for y'all

22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

So its a 50 cent charge per movie and no way to avoid the fee? That's lame as hell and really stupid on Regal's part.

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

wait what there is an extra charge

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I read the FAQs and wanted to come here to confirm that I wasn’t misunderstanding that. I know it’s a small amount of money, but if it’s really for every single movie that’s awful and probably a dealbreaker for me.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

A List is a way better deal

johnnyferris likes this.