Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 125

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Also for the tier list. You can go to Regals above your tier if need be, you just have to pay 1.50 for one tier up or 3 if you go from bottom to top tier.

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Can you explain the tiers? Are they just giving high traffic theaters tier 3???

3. wordzanddreamz

Yeah, they didn't go too much into detail but I'm assuming thats the case. They basically said we would find out our tier soon.

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Can you let me know what Columbia is when you find out? Will most likely get this as I miss having Movie Pass and seeing almost every major release.

5. wordzanddreamz

Oh and one big thing I didn't see on the leak but they said today is that members get 10% off all concessions (except alcohol)

Mrplum5089, jkauf and dorfmac like this.
  6. dorfmac

Trusted

Hook me up with Hunt Valley, too!

Thanks for all the info. Is there going to be a points system like A-list, or just the specific discounts?

7. wordzanddreamz

You just always get the 10% off in concessions. No points system.

dorfmac likes this.
  8. dorfmac

Trusted

Do we know when it's going live?

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Can I use my Regal card with this?

10. wordzanddreamz

The leaked date seems like it could be true. They didn't say but they wanted management and certain team members to all do training for it by that leaked date, with everyone having completed it by august 4th. so i would assume then at the latest.

11. wordzanddreamz

Yeah, when you join, it links to your account if you have one so you can still get your rewards.

jkauf and Mrplum5089 like this.
  12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Fuck yes. Can’t wait to live at my theater.

Are you able to tell me which tier my theater is if I give you the details?

13. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Going to ask to stop my A List after one month if the regal rumors are true. The former Cinetopia that is now an AMC is an absolute disaster. They are severely understaffed and poorly trained. Takes forever to find soneone to scan your ticket and concession lines are so slow that it takes 20 minutes to get a soda. The A List cut line is ignored completely. Saw 2 movies on Saturday and they started both late. The second theater didnt even have AC and was super stuffy. What a complete shitshow on AMC's part as its their first venture into Oregon besides a random theater in Corvallis.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Richter915 likes this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

So ready for regal. Cancelling A-list now since my price goes up next month

17. bradsonemanband Jul 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 5, 2019)
    It’s kinda funny. I’ve tried cancelling my moviepass two or three times and it never goes through. So for the last few months, I check into a random movie and then buy a ticket to see the one I actually want to see. I’ve been waiting for MP to catch on and cancel my account, but they still haven’t noticed I guess. Haha.

I hope I’ll be able to test out my next plan soon, which is to try to pay for 2 tickets with just one of us having MP. I think they load on like $15 or something right? So I’d at least be able to get the second ticket for a “discount price.” We’ll see how that goes.

(I live right across the street from a Cinemark and there isn’t a Regal or AMC anywhere close to me.)

riotspray likes this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yiiiiiiiikes

19. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I still love my AMC A List mostly because I really like Dolby Cinema, The Regal's near me have no specialty theatres, they're just all normal reserved seatings, which is fine, but seems like I get more of my money's worth for personal preference so far. but i'll definitely look into everything when it's announced.

20. wordzanddreamz

Just found out the answer for this. When you sign up you have to do a year but will have the choice of upfront payment or payment deductions on a month by month basis. They really expect most of the upfront payments to be a gift to someone else kind of thing.

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Works for me! I need this so badly.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lol

GrantCloud and riotspray like this.
  23. wordzanddreamz

There’s gonna be a Netflix doc about moviepass just like the fyre doc

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

need the internet historian version of moviepass

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  25. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I just signed up for A-List and reserved an IMAX showing of Spider-Man this Saturday. I'm excited! The regular ticket would have been $19.99 and that's why I haven't been to IMAX in years.

GrantCloud and SmithBerryCrunch like this.