Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 123

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, REGAL!

jkauf likes this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone somehow used my email to join the AMC program and getting it closed has been a nightmare. I don’t usually go to AMC anyway but now I don’t want to join it just because of this totally random negative experience. Such a weird thing to be dealing with.

phaynes12 likes this.
  3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Definitely interested to see what the Regal one details out to be, there's a regal and UA right down the road so it would certainly be more convenient. though I do love having the AMC pass especially for the Dolby Cinema.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

In case anyone wasn't aware, if you have A-List, you can buy your tickets through Fandango, and if you sign up for the free Fandango VIP account, every 4 purchases you get a $5 coupon that can be used to purchase movie tickets through Fandango or be used towards movie rentals/purchases.

It works pretty great for me since I have an AMC that is pretty small, so for movies they don't get, I use my $5 coupon to go to another theater on $5 Tuesdays.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Wow you just changed my life. Will be great to rent stuff or bring a friend.

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I didn't know about the fandango part. but I did purchase an extra ticket through the AMC app for a Dolby showing for my friend, and the ticket was 8 bucks instead of 16. amazing.

Maybevictor likes this.
  7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's quite a nice perk. Here's the site describing more about it: https://www.fandango.com/vip-plus

The only somewhat tricky part is to redeem your promo code, you have to click on some movie and it gives you a pop up seeming like you are using the promo code for that movie you clicked, but you just click continue and then it shows you the promo code which you can then copy/paste and use for anything through Fandango.

Also, you get VIP points for any movie ticket purchase, even if you're not using a subscription service like A-List.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also if you have Disney movie rewards you can get points through Atom when you use your A list so you basically get free rewards

GrantCloud and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I had a fandango gift card and didn't realize that was a perk, but I got a nice surprise email the other day saying I had $5 to use on my account.

10. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I'm hype again

11. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Really hoping the "no premium format" plan isn't too pricy

12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I don't think my Regal/UA has premium showings really except 3D and I could very much care less about that.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It looks like the cheapest plan gets you unlimited movies, but new movies (first two weeks), you have to pay an extra $1.50.

Middle plan gets you unlimited movies.

Most expensive one gets you premium.

Rumors are $15/20/25

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

hmm... idk how much that'll pull me away from amc a list even though the regal's are 10 minutes from my house versus a half hour

15. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Closest AMC is an hour from me and has a regal right next to it.

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

really? that's pretty crazy. don't typically see competing theatres so close

17. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Slight exaggeration it's like 5 minutes but they're both right next to my school

18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

ahhh makes sense haha. I was like wow, bold haha

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

does unlimited actually mean unlimited?

20. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Been on A-List since May, and I’m loving it so far. I’m fortunate enough to have an AMC & a Regal two miles from my house in opposite directions, and my gf is a nurse on a wacky schedule, so it’s been a blessing. It’d take a lot for me to switch to Regal rn, and I feel like AMC’s rewards are better/add up quicker.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah, my closest amc is 20 to 30 minutes depending on traffic, but the amount of time i'll just catch a double feature, I've saved so much money. Dolby is 16 dollars, so one of those and one regular movie, and I've already exceeded my sub for the month. it's pretty great and became my main theatre even though I have a regal 10 min away.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  22. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Apparently this person has been accurate before

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i will be there all day

jkauf likes this.
  24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Having to pay more for a specific theater + having to commit for 12 months would make this a super terrible deal compared to A-list

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I know with the Regal crown club you still need to pay convenience fees with online orders, if that's still the case that's also a plus for A List