Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 122

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

So when do we riot?

2. Dodger Jun 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2019)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

[​IMG]

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i want answers

4. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Looks like I'm definitely signing up for A-List tomorrow

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Have you seen Booksmart? Longshot?

6. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

They def flew all the district managers and big corporate people down the Knoxville to unveil it today. I left work at 3 so I don’t know the results but I’m sure illl find out soon

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I have seen Booksmart. I'd like to see Longshot, but I missed it the first few weeks it was playing and now it's only on one screen at one showtime at the theater a little ways a way.

I still might check out Rocketman and Godzilla, and possibly Aladdin, but nothing really excites me until the new Tarantino probably

edit: I take that back, Toy Story, Child's Play, The Dead Don't Die and Stuber will be out in the next month or 2 and those all look cool.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i would like to subscribe for future updates thanks.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

glad i didn't get my hopes up

edit: oop

10. johnnyferris

Rocketman is next on my list. Definitely check out Long Shot if you can.

riotspray likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

C9E5456E-BB64-465E-9453-D4A84BA3D19E.jpeg

12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Burn me once, shame on me
    Burn me twice, shame on me again
    You’re always gonna burn me

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  13. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Showcase subscribe is pretty good so far. Even if the app messes up (happened 2 times so far) they printed me the ticket at the theater I just had to go to the customer service desk. More expensive than sinemia was but definitely worth it.

14. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I'm really thinking of doing A-List. I'm not finding many cons compared to the pros and I think I could get a lot of use out of it this summer.

So I wanted to ask everyone if you've had any negative experiences with the subscription?

Also, is there any penalty if I cancel? Like if I cancel do I have to wait x amount of months before rejoining ala Moviepass? (EDIT: Found the answer. There is a 6-month penalty, hmm)

15. johnnyferris

A-List has been a pretty smooth experience for me. The app never fails (outside of the day Avengers tickets went on sale), reserving your seats days in advance, and the IMAX and Dolby options are a big plus.

The cons would be feeling like an elitist jackass in the concession line because you cut in front of everyone else and seeing a kid freely walk around with a toy AK 47 in the hallway of your theater (happened two visits ago).

I believe you’re on the hook for three months when you first sign up. Once those three are up you have the option to cancel.

cybele likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

except for literally the first time I used it where the computers were down so it didn't work no problems with the A List, you can use the AMC app or Atom which are both easy to use
    I also haven't had any issues of the movies I want to see playing at AMC theaters even the indie ones

cybele likes this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t really have any cons with A List. I suppose my only con is that there’s only one AMC near me and it’s small so it doesn’t get all the big releases. If you see 1-2 movies a week it’s so worth it.

cybele likes this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If AMC theaters are fairly convenient for you, there's really not much of a downside to A-List.

I rarely use mine and still feel like I shouldn't cancel it.

cybele likes this.
  19. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Good to hear! Thank you, guys.

I think that I'll definitely check it out for the initial 3 month commitment. Considering tickets here often go into the $15-20 range I only need to see two movies a month to make it worth it. The main thing is getting off my lazy butt and actually going to the theater.

riotspray likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

A week? I thought A List had a limit to movies per month?

21. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

The subscription charges monthly but you're allowed 3 movies a week with no overall monthly limit.

riotspray likes this.
  22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

For those who can't see the above post

[​IMG]

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm a 3-tier system. A-List doesn't have that right? It's just one $20/mo plan?

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Correct, A-List is just one $20/mo plan that gets you 3 movies a week.