Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 120

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Obligatory "get a move on, Regal!" post

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

So down for the Alamo subscription

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm intrigued

4. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Sinemia giving me problems again. It's so annoying but it also saves so much money when it works. They're making people buy tickets directly from theaters websites now and mine doesn't charge my processing fees but sinemia is charging me them like they do and there is not an option to go around it right now. Not paying it when I don't even pay the fees at the theater

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man what is regal’s holdup? is this just never gonna happen?

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m convinced moviepass just falling apart so fast kinda made them go eh we don’t need it after all.

it will forever make me sad.

domotime2 likes this.
  9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

you would think AMC’s success would make them think differently since that’s more of a one to one example

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

If that’s the case, Regal should just come out and say it to their customers instead of “No information at this time.”

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, don’t have much hope (considering responses in that thread) — guess I’ll be getting the Alamo one.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

riotspray likes this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Surprise surprise

14. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Lol just renewed hopefully my bank will refund me

15. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I wonder if amc is regretting their program....or... if it's actually helping. Genuinely curious to the financial analytic side of that.

I mean to me, it sounds like a home run. Which makes you wonder why regal isnt dojng it

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It just makes so much more sense for theater chains to offer this service than third party. Moviepass offered tons of movies for next to nothing, they saw no concessions, had to pay back movie theaters for ticket sales, etc. Keep it all internal and it's bound to be a hit.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Plus most people are mainly going to just their local theater for most movies is my guess.

19. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Chase refunded me at least

aoftbsten likes this.
  20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I imagine it's a game of averages. As an A-List subscriber, you spend $240 a year on movie tickets. Even if you go 3x a week and make full use of the service, the average person probably wouldn't have spent $240 a year on movie tickets before. Plus you have more people coming into the theater now, potentially buying concessions.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The a list is also millions of guaranteed dollars a year, it said what 100,000 people at $20 a month

I'm spending less money overall but way more at AMC

22. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Word on the street, and you didn’t here this from me, is that a certain chain will announce theirs via press conference on June 4th

SteveLikesMusic, Joe, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  23. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

oh shit

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

bless you sneaker god