Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 119

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

I don't have an amc in my city, so what is my best option . we have a Cinemark . i'm
    just looking to go a lot the cheapest way possible

2. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Cinemark doesn't have much in comparison unfortunately. I believe they have an 8 dollar a month thing and you get one free movie and some rewards points? I suppose if you don't go super often it's still worth it once a month to basically pay 8 dollars for a movie instead of full price, but if you go any more in one month you'd want to focus on Tuesday's for cheapest options.

edit: Movie Club

3. aoftbsten Feb 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Mads Mikkelson being in a movie called Arctic and another called Polar within short release of each other is causing me way too much confusion.

4. Finally cancelled my moviepass subscription. It was fun while it lasted.

riotspray and Mrplum5089 like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

A List tickets count towards box office gross for a movie right, with Captain Marvel that seems necessary

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Giving up hope on Regal ever doing one.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  7. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I actually really like the Cinemark Movie Club, though it's nothing special. Save on concessions and online ticket purchases, which is the only way I pay with the assigned seating and recliners at my theater two minutes away.

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

pretty sure because I'd assume AMC has to cover what your ticket costs and they're just banking on you sticking with 20 bucks a month, going to the theatre often and hopefully buying concessions.

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

AMC is banking on people like me who keep paying $20 a month and have gone like twice all year.

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yup haha. The last few months have been rough for theatrical releases at my local AMC anyway, but i think we’re coming out of that now. I’ll be using it at least twice this month which covers the cost.

riotspray likes this.
  11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

haha fair. I'm lucky to have two decent ones near me and one with a solid imax 45 min away that's linked to a mall so it's not a completely wasted trip haha. I use mine very often and just saw Apollo 11 in imax this past weekend. amazing.

I should also say I am the type that I will literally just look up movies on my way home from work and catch something randomly showing.

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I just need to make myself get out to the theater more often. By the time I get home from work, I'm not feeling like doing much and then the weekend comes and I have other stuff to do. If there's something out I really want to see, I'll go, but lately there just hasn't been much that's compelled me to leave the house.

13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m convinced the downfall of moviepass being the steal it was, marked the end for regal even considering doing one.

14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

maybe they're waiting a bit to see how amc's does (fingers crossed)

15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I see you still have that hope. Good.

I lost it long ago.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

happy to carry the torch, I welcome any lost souls back if hope succeeds haha

17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

After seeing Green Book (meh) yesterday, this is the first time I’ve seen all the best picture nominees in theaters. I’m not counting Roma, but I plan on watching that this week.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

GrantCloud likes this.
  19. xkaylinh Mar 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2019)
    They're showing the trailer for Breakthrough. Twice. Twice. Why. Ughhhhh.

Can I opt out of seeing this every time I'm at the theater? What about my religious freedom?

(Not srsly.)

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I weirdly got invited to a test screening of this movie. For a Christian film, it was surprisingly decent. Probably cause they got real actors for it instead of Kevin Sorbo

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Not falling for it

23. [​IMG]

Ken, GrantCloud and jkauf like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

looks like about same price as Movie Pass ($20 for month except for major cities)

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I hope they build one in Jersey City or Newark. I'd love to have one close by.