Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 118

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

obviously i considered AMC alist but i cant guarantee that i would see 2 movies a month...it would sure force me to see more that's for sure so maybe it would help

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I wish Regal would introduce something. I just do not like the closest AMC. Huge bummer, because like most, I also have not seen movies regularly in a long time.

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I started out strong, but it's been 3 or 4 weeks since I've seen anything. I don't really have time/want to take the effort to get out to the theater more than once a week anyway, and if nothing's playing that I'm really interested in, I just won't go. I'm sure I'll go enough to get $240 worth throughout the year, but I hated seeing the $20 debit this month when I hadn't gone at all in 4 weeks.

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the only theaters here are Regal and local chain so no option for a moviepass system at all which sucks.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I have no problem seeing 2 movies a month with A List even when I go weeks without using it but I get if people do

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

They were having projector issues at the start of They Shall Not Grow Old today do they passed out free tickets to everyone there.

Too bad I’m already getting three free movies a week.

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I've reached out to Sinemia twice to inquire more about their service and what they cover and I've never heard anything back. definitely makes me not want to use them. AMC A*List is a great deal as long as I see at least 3 movies in a month and their customer service has been excellent. the only thing I miss about movie pass is the being able to go to any theatre.

riotspray likes this.
  8. Watched Miss Bala. First 2019 movie I saw in 2019. It was all right.

I got five horror trailers, though. Like, wtf. I'm glad I got to see the trailers for Us and Brightburn on the big screen again, but I'm really tired of the trailer for Pet Sematary, the expected jump scare in the trailer for La Llorona is stupid, and Dennis Quaid looks entirely unconvincing as The Intruder.

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

First 2019 film I saw with my AMC Pass was Stan and Ollie which I really enjoyed, then saw Wizard of Oz right after (excluded from pass sadly), and then I saw Spider-Verse in Dolby. man that pass is clutch for a 16 dollar ticket haha. so everything the rest of February is free! not sure what i'll see next yet.

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to get back at it, or just cancel A-List. I haven't been to a movie in 2019 yet, and I think I only went twice in December.

12. I'm still rocking MoviePass, although I didn't see any movies in January with it.

13. Happy Death Day 2U was similar to the first one in a lot of ways. I loved it. Different enough to still feel fresh (like, they seriously added one more genre on top of everything), but what I really enjoyed was that the strong character drama at the heart of the first film is still there. I love Jessica Rothe in this role so much.

14. oh dang look at the 2019 movies I've seen:

Miss Bala
    What Men Want
    Alita: Battle Angel
    Happy Death Day 2 U

Female leads for days.

Joe likes this.
  15. Watched Fighting With My Family. Wholesome family comedy drama. Between this and True Detective, I'm convinced Vince Vaughn can't do drama like Jim Carrey or, heck, even Adam Sandler. Minor complaint, though. Mostly just glad I got to see Florence Pugh in something before Little Women; now I've seen the actors of all the main characters of that in at least one other thing.

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I used AMC Stubs A*List to see Arctic last weekend. thought it was great, Mads was excellent. was going to see Prodigy the next day but it was super gross out and didn't feel like driving the half hour haha. this weekend I am going to see Apollo 11 in IMAX though, can't waitttttt.

17. musicfan10

Trusted

ok, can someone who has sinemia tell me what i'm getting myself in to if I sign up ? I'm hearing about extra fees every
    time you purchase a ticket ? I would love to do the 3 movies per month ? please give me some details on their service

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I was so close to going in on Sinemia recently, but after reading the posts on their subreddit every day, I am deciding to stay far away from them. They seem to be even worse and shadier than MoviePass.

19. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Yeah I tried to inquire several times with them about what's included, how certain things work, and I never ever ever heard from anyone. wasn't exactly a vote of confidence in their existence haha. sketch city.

I'm really happy with AMC A*List, though if United Artists/Regal had basically the same thing I'd jump to them because they're both closer to my house haha.

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, A-List is absolutely fantastic. The only downside for me (which I know I've stated in here multiple times) is that the only AMC in my city is smallish and doesn't get a lot of the wide release films. For example, right now they don't have Fighting With My Family, Arctic, Cold Pursuit, What Men Want, Happy Death Day 2U, Isn't It Romantic. Gotta use $5 Tuesdays to see other stuff at other theaters.

21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

ah man that stinks! that's a lot of movies that I'm surprised wouldn't even make it into a smaller AMC. there's not a ton out right now outside of those

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's super annoying which is why I was going to try out Sinemia but it just seems too shitty to even try it at this point.
    Right now my AMC has How To Train Your Dragon 3, Alita Battle Angel, The Wandering Earth, Lego Movie 2, Green Book, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Star Is Born, Oscar Animated Shorts and Never Look Away.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I need Marcus Theatres to do come out with a subscription plan.

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

ugh, I mean I get it the Oscars just happened, but it's time to take out GB, BR, and ASIB haha. they're all available on demand!

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Haha, yeah, AMC always seems to bring some Oscar movies back for a bit after the awards.