Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 117

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

you know what's the most interesting part about life POST moviepass.... ive gone to the movies WAY less than i did before moviepass. Like, i can't fathom spending $15 on ONE movie anymore...and i used to loveeeeeeee to go to the movies.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh, I might need to get Sinemia on top of A-List. My local AMC theater doesn't get all major releases which is super annoying so I end up having to pay for a ticket at another theater.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

As long as you have access to an AMC I definitely think the price difference for A list makes it way more appealing with access to premium screenings and more movies per month.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone here use Sinemia? I have A-List, but the only AMC theater we have is small and doesn't get all the major releases, so I was thinking of getting a cheap Sinemia plan to supplement my A-List and see movies that don't come to my AMC.

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I enjoy the amc pass, it definitely is easily to make it financially worth it, however, it really annoys me that the fathom events are never included even though they're the only theatres by me that do them. that's half the reason I go to the movies so often and with movie pass it was amazing. so I'm pretty disappointed by that

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

oh wow I just checked out Sinemia. yeah, anyone use this and can speak to their experience? it looks like a solid deal for the 8.99 classic one

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Has anybody tried the 2019 moviepass plans? Is it still a shit show with the app? What’s the plan to get nowadays? I have one AMC near me which is mid sized (14 screens) but isn’t my theater of preference. If movie season starts up and there is no Alamo pass yet I’m going to go nuts.

9. Anyone seen Destroyer, On the Basis of Sex, or If Beale Street Could Talk? Can't decide what to do tomorrow.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't use MP for Beale Street, but it's an outstanding film. Definitely catch it while you still can

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Beale St was brilliant. Haven’t seen the other two.

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Just caught Beale Street tonight. It was very good. December was a pretty shitty month for movies. Definitely my slowest month of the last year.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Beale Street is really good. I really liked On The Basis Of Sex as well.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Haven't seen Beale Street yet and Destroyer is still only playing in nyc and la basically

15. Oof, I also noticed we have Shoplifters. I've never seen a (potential) Best Foreign Language Film nom before the Oscars. Gah, I don't know what to doooo.

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

See them all. Buy one ticket for the first showing of the day and then just pop from screen to screen until the day is done.

bradsonemanband and riotspray like this.
  17. Ended up seeing On the Basis of Sex. It was good. Armie Hammer as the supportive husband is so sexy. Between this and Rogue One, I don't feel like I've seen Felicity Jones at her best yet?

ECV and johnnyferris like this.
  18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Anyone go see They Shall Not Grow Old yet? A-List isn’t covering it because it’s a “Fathom” show today, but I don’t mind paying once every 80 movies. I expect this to be a very emotional/moving experience.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's awesome and everyone should see it.

20. domotime2

Ever since I got rid of moviepass I haven't been to the theaters once. I cant pay full price for a single movie anymore

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I think the only movie I actually paid full price for was Spiderman INto The Spiderverse and I watched that like 4 times.

I miss moviepass tbh. Regal let me down big time.

22. domotime2

so you ended up paying like $60 to see spiderman

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

worth it tbh

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I switched to AMC AList, but if I don't start going more often, I might drop it.

I'm not a comic book/superhero fan, and awards season has been kinda slow this year, so there hasn't been much I've wanted to see. Maybe it'll pick up in the Spring.

25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I have a ton of regal points I need to use... I just cashed some in for a free movie because a bunch of them were about to expire but I don't really have much I wanna see. I guess I'm going to Into the Spiderverse despite not knowing really anything about it besides the fact that everyone is raving over how good it is.