Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 116

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Theyve changed. Advertising different price points... and noting that even those prices aren't legit cause it depends on where you live.

I get it. Theyve priced it to where they don't lose money on the first movie you see, but hilarious that once again they cant come through with a promise

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I don't mind spending $15/mo, I'm just afraid they'll change it mid-subscription again and tell me I can't see opening movies or whatever the case might be.

domotime2 and aoftbsten like this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

lol at trying to get customers to come back when you won't even allow them back due to your stupid cancellation return clause. BYEEEE

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

"Codes valid only for new subscribers or subscribers with a canceled or lapsed account prior to December 1, 2018."

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'll sooner pay the $5 more for AMC. It sounds like they're doing pretty well

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Also, couldn't you just use a secondary email?

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'll just stick with A-List where I can see up to 12 movies per month.

8. ChaseTx

yeah that's what I was thinking. There are easy ways around that 6 month thing

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought they did it by phone number

10. domotime2

I agree with the idea that... how do I know the prices wont change.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Alexa play Too Little Too Late by Jojo

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

3 movies a month? Fuck outta here.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Damn this song rules. Haven't heard it in awhile.

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

So it’s $15 for 3 movies a month now? I mean I’d still be into that, if it actually worked. But who’s to say it will

15. domotime2

that price depends on where you live though*

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think Leave (Get Out) is even more of a jam though.

supernovagirl likes this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think the advantage it has is that it can be used at any theater.

MyBestFiend and riotspray like this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

^That's about the only advantage.

I would consider it for the arthouse/indie stuff, but I don't know if I'd get $15-20 a month value out of it with only getting 3 movies a month. I can just go to a matinee and it's only like $7 anyways.

19. ChaseTx

$5 at Studio Movie Grill with a Groupon is my usual choice for new releases

20. Yeah, it can be used at almost any theater, but at what cost? And I'm not talking about the pricing, that itself seems pretty reasonable. You still have to be at the theater to check in on the day of, you still have to use an app that only works half the time to load money onto a card you have to use to pay with, and it seems like you're still limited by their stupid daily selection.

I used my Moviepass annual subscription to see 33 movies this year. 3 movies a month is really not that bad. I probably won't use A-List on average more than 3 times a month, let alone more than once a week. Yeah, I'm limiting myself to only AMC, and since I'm not a super heavy user and not too picky about having to see things in IMAX, I'm probably paying more on average per movie, but like, everything about it is so convenient. I used it yesterday for the first time to see Ralph Breaks the Internet in IMAX and it was just so easy. Made the reservation before heading out, had my phone scanned and I was in. No need to frantically walk around the theater looking for cell service just to check in on a stupid app.

AMC is already being transparent about increasing costs next year depending on location. I have my price locked in for twelve months. No need to worry about surprises and shady shit. Even this newest iteration of MP is a far cry from what I originally signed up for.

riotspray likes this.
  21. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I totally get the appeal of A-List, but I am walking distance from both UA and Landmark Theaters so I will give MoviePass much more leeway than most

I have still gotten my moneys worth the last 3-4 months, because the Landmark theaters are e-ticketing, and because I can always check into whatever stupid movie Moviepass is sponsoring that day and just buy a ticket to whatever I want

22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Using A-List for a Dolby screening of Schindler’s List tonight

BackyardHero11 and riotspray like this.
  24. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I haven't canceled yet 'cause I can still see a movie or two a month so it's still saving me money, but I was getting really close and this actually makes me feel better. I've been saying all along just up the price a bit and let me see what I want when I want! Def willing to pay $5 more bucks. Until Regal comes up with something better, that is.