Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 115

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I can't even cancel my MP right now because the app is messed up and apparently they don't have e-mail help any more. It's some shitty chat that has had me in line for four hours. What a mess.

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

So true. I swear every time I'm at the movies there's only one person working concessions so it ends up still being pointless and slow.

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Prior to A-List, the Stubs Premiere line was ALWAYS super short (like 1 or 2 people compared to literally 50 people in the general line).

It's still shorter at my theaters, but it's definitely growing since the inception of A-List.

4. drewinseries

Drew

The kids at the my theater behind concessions are pretty bad at prioritizing A-list line. They all get super scared at any mom flipping shits that i'm "cutting" the line. I get way to cynical in those situations.

riotspray likes this.
  5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Btw is there any other service that threatens you by saying "if you cancel you cant resubscrobe for 6 months" like moviepass does? Why do they care if we want back in?

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

They're just trying to capitalize on a fear of missing out.

Regardless, I think it's far more likely that the service no longer exists in 6 months then it somehow getting better.

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It’s definitely weird, but their entire business model is built on the idea that they will make money from people staying subscribed even when they are not using it. If people could cancel at any time they’re not using it, in theory, they would have no way of making money.

I’m not sure the 6 month ban is the best solution to this, but that’s the idea at least.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

AMC A-List is the same.

9. There's probably a different reasoning behind this, but it reminds me of, like, "Check out this new awesome deal! But it's only available for new subscribers. You had a free one month trial three months ago? Too bad!" I ran into this when trying to sign up for Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99/3 months.

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

been seeing 3 movies a month on MP, but i think i reached my breaking point last night.

wife was able to check into the movie without issue, but my app showed no movies available within 50 miles. been stuck on a chat for 14 hours now with no response. if they dont refund me for the ticket purchase i'm out.

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It jsut became too hard to schedule going to the movies with moviepass.

12. drewinseries

Drew

That's why I love a-list so much. So easier to just a grab a ticket either days in advance or day of.

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I love A-List, but boy do I miss the freedom of being able to go to any theater with MP.

The Favourite is out tonight but only playing in a couple of art house theaters so I'm probably gonna have to fork up another $12 to see it on top to the $20/month I'm already paying for A-List.

Anyone know if The Favourite might be playing at an AMC near me eventually? I know it's going wider (to more cities) but is it also expanding to more screens?

14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i have no amcs in my area so im out of luck :(

15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

regal pls

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I know there's an AMC by me that sometimes has indie films and I know it's playing at an AMC in Manhattan so maybe but not sure depends on your area

riotspray likes this.
  17. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Just signed up for A List since I was about to pay $17 for a Dolby ticket for Ralph with my daughter tomorrow night. Might as well kick in the extra $3 and enjoy the program for the rest of the year at least. I had MP for about 6 months until last July. My local theater is AMC anyway, it’s literally less than ten minutes from my house.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. My MP is still active? Um, didn't I cancel yesterday lolol good luck charging an expired credit card (I guess I should try canceling again? It still says my plan is Monthly $0.00 so it's not like it's charged me this extra month.)

Anyway, proceeding as planned, getting A-List this month. There's so much stuff I want to see already out/coming out this month.

19. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm surprised AMC Grapevine doesn't have it. I'd keep an eye out for it there

riotspray likes this.
  20. Ah, I should've taken a screenshot of the error message I got while trying to sign up. I went back and did it again and it worked so it's all good, but look at this:

1.jpg

omgwtfroflmfaobbq

21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Your account "technically" stays active through the billing cycle. I've heard mixed things about whether it actually works or not

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

They are showing a movie in Mandarin, one in Korean, and one in Hindi, but no sign of The Favourite.

It's playing at the Angelika and Alamo Drafthouse right now. I'm guessing it'll expand in another week or two, but if not I'll probably just go to Alamo.

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Well, I can't sign back up for 6 months or whatever. If this company still exists by then, I may reconsider it.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm...