Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 114

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. I feel like I'm not getting half the MP emails you guys say you're getting.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I assumed when reading this that they were going to say that you have to give them your dog and nobody gets hurt but apparently it's

[​IMG]

3. I just checked my spam folder and found an email from them from 5 days ago; apparently anything from hello@updates.moviepass.com automatically goes there hahaha

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit I might actually be able to see 2 movies this week! That will be the last 2 before my subscription runs out. Been a fun ride but I’m happy to be done with MoviePass.

Regal where you at?

riotspray likes this.
  5. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I saw the "we're changing" headline and got stoked but they gave no details and there still aren't any movies available so???

Dodger likes this.
  6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Isn't it about to be the expiration date for all the annual subs they got last year? The cynic in me says they're saying they're changing to try and hook a few of those again while actually changing nothing

7. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Yeah that was pointless.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

im telling ya. they decided to give up and make all the money on people not cancelling. it's a diabolical

9. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Cancelled today. I hadn’t used it in two and half months. My card on file expired, so I’ve been getting “Subscription payment failure” emails every day for the last two weeks. I should’ve done this a while ago, but I was holding out hope they would make an attempt to make it a usable service.

10. shawnesty23

Regular

I see everyone complaining they never have the movie you want to see you. You guys do realize you can just check into anything and get a ticket for what you want to see right? It’s super easy

mike1885 and supernovagirl like this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Can't do that if there's no movies available, which has been me for the past 3 weeks or so at least.

yeahrightdude and domotime2 like this.
  12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

They've been supporting the same Christian movie for 2 weeks, I used that to see First Man like the first day it was available and now I've had very limited times since then

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Like someone else posted....I checked all the theaters in 20 miles of me. All of them have no movies available and one has one showing at 2pm.

14. shawnesty23

Regular

Oh damn I always have at least one that shows up

15. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Luckily, I seem to normally have at least 1 movie available at one of the theaters around me. Last weekend was my first time actually seeing the movie I checked into in months, for Beautiful Boy.

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Officially canceled my moviepass. My annual subscription ends in 9 days, but it's just made planning to see a movie a hassle. I've got two movies left for the month and I'll try my best to see them as long as MP doesn't stop me.

Fun while it lasted!

17. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I live near a group of indie theaters that are e-ticketing, so I am going to keep it for the next few months to watch the Oscar movies and then cancel it

18. @@ron

Regular

They just took e-ticketing away from the one theater in town that had it... which was the only way it made sense to keep using this. Any chance that's gonna come back??? lol. Probably going to cancel today.

19. Screenshot_20181126-100541.png

Haha what

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If you're still using MP, I have a timeshare you should look at.

domotime2 likes this.
  21. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I'm still seeing 3 movies a month for $10 so I don't feel bad about continuing to use it. If I had an AMC closeby I would switch off and go to A List, but that's not an option for me unfortunately.

riotspray likes this.
  22. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

A List is great, just signed up last week. But the priority concessions line has been longer than the regular line every time I’ve gone lol

23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

After a handful of times of trying to see movies and none being available on any of the 3 local theaters, I finally cancelled mine last week. It was a bummer. It was a good run, moviepass, I just wish I had joined ya sooner

domotime2 likes this.
  24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The only downside for me of being on A-List now, is that the only AMC in my city is a fairly small theater and doesn't get all of the major releases. But I've got another, bigger theater that has $5 nights so I guess it works out.

riotspray likes this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, my only problem with AMC is that the theaters close by don't get the smaller releases. There's a giant AMC with like 30 screens in town, but I never feel like driving 30 minutes each way.