Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The new Regal logo is hideous.

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m going to have to get a new uniform with it :(

SteveLikesMusic and jkauf like this.
  3. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I'm in Arizona for a show and decidesd to hit up a Harkins and DAMN these things are fancy and the tickets are expensive, I can see why MoviePass doesn't want to include them. Really cool spot though.

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Cool. 2nd week in a row that Moviepass just isn't offering a movie at my movie theater. I tried to call in multiple times this week and every single time they tell me "we're having technical difficulties with our processing service right now" so they can't manually check me in. So it's pretty clear that they're just lying to get out of providing any services.

riotspray likes this.
  5. Iain

Regular

Got a Cineworld Unlimited card here in the UK. Cost me £144 for the year. 185 dollars converted. Unlimited movies. On target for around 55 films for the year. I think its a decent deal.

Apologies if discussed already in here, but did they not takeover Regal, so wonder if they will try and introduce similar set up.

Edit: The other major player Odeon in the UK also offers similar pass for slightly dearer price.

6. johnnyferris Oct 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 31, 2018)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

A-List giving me back to back nights of Dolby with Halloween tonight and Bohemian tomorrow.

riotspray likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

looks like I'm gonna go 2 weeks straight without using A List but I still think it will make sense, especially if I see Wreck It Ralph in 3d

riotspray likes this.
  8. xkaylinh Oct 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 31, 2018)
    Mostly making these calculations for myself, but I thought I'd share here anyway. Although, I guess the most deciding factor for a lot of people is whether or not there are even any AMC theaters near them.

Moviepass: $9.95 a month for 3 movies a month for 12 months = up to 36 movies a year for $119.40
    A-List: $19.95 a month for 3 movies a week for 52 weeks = up to 156 movies a year for $239.40
    If you see 36 movies with Moviepass in a year, the average would be $3.32 per movie.
    In order to meet that average with A-List, you'd need to see 72 movies ($3.33 per movie).
    But then you factor in that A-List also includes Premiere Stubs, which by itself costs $15 a year. AND it gets you %10 back on your monthly payments. So, (and here's where I'm not entirely sure I'm doing this right) since you're kind of getting $15+23.94 back with the inclusion of Premiere Stubs, you're really only paying $200.46 to see up to 156 movies. Taking all that into account, you'd need to see 60 movies to meet the Moviepass average cost per movie ($3.34). That's still not taking into account the fact that Premiere Stubs gets you %10 back on concessions and any additional ticket purchases (for your friends, for example) AND you're not limited to only 2D movies.

By the way...

With my annual MP subscription, I was able to see 33 movies for $89.85 before everything went to shit--I've hardly used it since June. Anyway, that puts my personal average at $2.73 per movie. With A-List, that's 88 movies ($2.72), or 74 ($2.71) if you take into account Premiere Stubs.

(I have a degree in English, so let me know if any of this math is wrong.)

Edit: oh yeah, and with A-List you don't have to deal with that stupid schedule and I'm pretty sure you can see the same movie more than once.

stars143 and johnnyferris like this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

A-List is great, but I've been slacking the last couple of weeks too. I figure if I see at least 5-6 movies a month, I'm still getting a hell of a deal, especially if I sneak in an IMAX or 3D one in there somewhere.

10. drewinseries

Drew

A-List is great. If you see two movies a month is generally just covers the cost. I know the usage will ebb and flow with releases, but I have seen a lot more movies than I would have otherwise. I LOVE preordering online for no extra cost. I usually go weeknights alone, so telling my fiance im going to see a movie and just grab a ticket on my phone at work is great. Cashback on concessions is great too.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. johnnyferris

I’ll end the year having done five months of annual movie pass and four months of A-List.

Paying for the service has motivated me to go out and see movies when I never really had that before. I saw 35 movies with MP and it will be 17 with A-list after tonight. It’s crazy looking back and asking myself how I have seen that many, but it’s crazier when I think that I missed quite a lot at the same time.

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Just popping in to say the new Regal logo sucks haha

jkauf and tumbleweedterror like this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

A-List is a success so far according to AMC, sticking around “permanently”. Pricing going up in 15 states though.

14. drewinseries

Drew

Damn I am going up 4 bucks in MA.

15. SteveLikesMusic

Buffalo getting punished for NYC pricing :/

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

First year is set at 20 though, 24 still saves me money after 2 movies

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah I am at least doing 3-4 movies a month, so it's not a big deal. I still love the service. Though my theater needs to pay more attention to the premium line IMO.

18. Oh shit, looks like I have to get that 12 month $19.95 price guarantee before December 31.

...which was kind of already the plan, anyway.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

My annual MP membership is finally ending on the 17th. I may get a few more movies in before then, but if not, I got 32 movies for $90. Not bad. Looking forward to switching to A-List.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Mine expires on the 17th as well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

*me slowly dying*

regal anything please

22. johnnyferris

Bumping up $24 isn’t too bad honestly! I’ll still be at $19.99 through the end of August. Lots of movies ahead.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I am now the proud owner of a shiny new AMC A-List membership! It's gonna be weird being able to see any movie that's out and not whatever MP let's me.

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm embarrassed to admit I only just cancelled moviepass today. I wanted to go see star is born...figured it's a Monday, a movie that's been out for a while now... nope jk. There's currently nothing available at all

25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Uh.... anyone see the dog themed email from Moviepass? What the fuck?

Joe, Dodger and tumbleweedterror like this.