Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 110

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

So I didn't opt-in to the three movie plan when it happened and they stopped charging me. I thought I had cancelled but apparently didn't and account was just suspended. And then I just got this email, has anybody else gotten it?

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 6.07.54 PM.png

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Whoa. Wish I'd have tried that

3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I just got this email this morning

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Anyone switch from MP to Sinema? Do you recommend it? No black outs and I can reserve at my theatre for a change. $10 for 3 movies a month is good too

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

AMC A-List is the best deal available right now, unless you got grandfathered into the unlimited MP deal. I switched to A-List and aside from being forced to go to AMC theaters, it's been flawless. Reserve tickets from your phone as soon as they go on sale. Change your mind and exchange them on your phone up until showtime. 3D and Imax included. $20 a month for 3 movies a week, plus you 10% back in rewards on any other tickets or concessions you buy and 10% back on your $20 monthly fee.

Sinemia, I've heard is okay, but you have to pay activation fees and ticketing fees, which apparently you can get around, but it seemed like too much trouble in my opinion.

johnnyferris likes this.
  6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I still just need a Regal subscription service. The closest AMC theater is 45 minutes away

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

for real

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

AMC is the dominant chain here. I want a pass for Alamo Drafthouse though

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i fear we aren’t getting that Regal pass anytime soon. few markets actually see competition between Regal and AMC, for most it’s one or the other. so while A-List is awesome it’s not going to lose Regal any business in most areas, and it’s not like they have much to compete with in MoviePass anymore, either. hope i’m wrong

10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Every time I go on the Alamo app and see that I’m on the wait list for Alamo Pass I get a little hopeful that it will launch soon. I was hoping for some news at fantastic fest, but I guess we will just have to wait.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

AMC dine in theatre is crap here. Seats so uncomfortable. They redid our regals this year and its beyond comfortable.

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I went to a regal theatre the other night and it just made me sad how little I’ve went since moviepass unlimited deal went away

13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Where the fuck You at Regal?!

Haha

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I thought ticket verification was gone? been out of the loop but used my parents last night since they paid for the year already

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm on annual and still have to verify my ticket every time.

16. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I know this thread is dying (help us regal) but go check out A Star is Born, sooooooo good

17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’m seeing two movies with A-List today. White Boy Rick and Venom.

White Boy Rick was meh and Venom will probably be mehhhher

18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I would personally never watch a movie called White Boy Rick

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  19. If Regal ever makes one and/or MP goes down we could rename this thread the Movie Theater Subscription Thread. (I don't think there's a separate one for A-list or Sinema atm?)

20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe we ought to do that anyway since movie pass is such a turn off right now. Just list some sub services in parentheses.

21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Sinemia canceled my account because they said I used my card for something other than movie tickets which is untrue. I didn't even notice until I tried to login to the app and it kept saying login denied. I then noticed in my junk mail them informing me. I paid for a whole year and I'm only halfway though so I tried contacting them for a few days through email and social media sites with no response. I finally today got in touch with someone who works there by messaging them on linked in and he said he would send it to his team and hopefully have it resolved soon. Customer service sucks so bad and they really need some kind of live chat or phone number. I'm 100% not dealing with them again after this year

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Monsters and Men was good.

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I back changing this to a Movie Theater Subscription Thread

Richter915 likes this.
  24. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

They resolved it, I was signing into atom tickets through Amazon so it was showing as Amazon pay. Been doing that for 6 months though and they told me I can't do it anymore. Still absurd I had to message a dude on LinkedIn in order to get a response. They should give you a warning or like inquire about a charge before just canceling your account

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds like Sinemia's customer service is 100x that of MoviePass's.