Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Score Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

TV scores are a whole other conversation man. There's so much great music being made for television right now. The 100, Orphan Black, The Flash. Lots of great stuff happening on the small screen.

2. Meerkat

I never want to go another second of my life without this playing in the background

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Watching Ben-Hur this time, I really noticed how good the score is. It's one of those movies where I don't fast forward past the overture or entre'act

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

A stupid grin spreads slowly over my face and I zone right on out. This is perfection for me.

Meerkat and cshadows2887 like this.
  5. Meerkat

I love seeing the titles to these pieces. Because in context of the scenes they're in they clearly make sense. But "Concerning Hobbits" is too fucking funny to me

Garrett L. and Threads like this.
  6. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Glad to see a thread for film scores to go with the video game OST one. I'll come back with more serious favorites after I have time to think but I used to be absolutely obsessed with Titanic and the soundtrack as a kid. I still can't hear any of the music from it without crying a bit.

7. Garrett

True story about "Concerning Hobbits" and yours truly... the theater is black, it's midnight, The Hobbit film 1 hasn't even really started, I hear the very first note, and began crying. Audibly.

The insanely nerdy English major who wrote his thesis on LOTR also needs to say that Concerning Hobbits is the name of a chapter in FOTR.

Meerkat likes this.
  8. Meerkat

@Garrett L. I love that. I was the same way for the first note of music in Deathly Hallows Pt. 2

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. Garrett

Oh man. The way they manipulated the score for the trailer of DH2 was nigh perfection. @Meerkat

Meerkat likes this.
  10. Meerkat

Trying to restrain myself to just a few, but these are a few of my favorites from the Harry Potter movies

morgantayler and Garrett L. like this.
  11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Lots of great ones mentioned here.

I just recently watched Spotlight for the first time, and I thought Howard Shore's score was really good.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  12. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I'm partial to horror scores as that's my favorite film genre but here are some of my absolute faves.

Phantasm - Main Theme
    Halloween - Laurie's Theme
    It Follows - Jay
    Scream - Trouble In Woodsboro / Sidney's Lament
    Carrie - For the Last Time We'll Pray
    28 Days Later - In the House - In a Heartbeat
    Edward Scissorhands - The Ice Dance
    Kiki's Delivery Service - On a Clear Day

Also not an example of music specifically for a film but Broken Social Scene's music for the score of Half Nelson was my first introduction to the band.

13. Garrett

Doesn't 28 Days Later have that one GY!BE song at one point? That moment is magical.

Same with EITS and Friday Night Lights.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Some amazingly beautiful music here

15. marceting

Trusted

Bunsen Bruner - Cuts hits just when the defining moment of the movie hits. I felt my heart explode when it was playing. What an unreal movie going experience.

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

17. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Jurassic Park. Nothing will probably ever top it for me.

18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I've actually been listening to Howard Shore's LotR work a bit recently. Just monumental what he did in that trilogy.

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

Why hasn't anyone mentioned There Will Be Blood or The Assassination of Jesse James? Two stunning scores. The score from The Revenant is pretty special too.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This needs more love, been really into Vangelis’ Blade Runner score lately

primavera likes this.
  21. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

the hans/wallfisch 2049 score did a really good job of following along with vangelis’ theme

22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I really like Hans/Wallfisch’s rendition of Tears In Rain

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Jon Brion is a genius and his score to 'Synecdoche, New York' slaughters me. "Dmi Thing from When She Was the Kitchen" and "Little Person" in particular. His scores for "I Heart Huckabees" and "Punch-Drunk Love" are both very good as well.

"The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" has a perfect score by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis.

Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quartet made another favorite of mine for "The Fountain" which is a crazy underappreciated movie.

24. Maverick

Trusted

Some of my favorite film score pieces..

Evey Reborn from V For Vendetta by Dario Marianelli
    Introduction (Titles) from Edward Scissorhands and Descent Into Mystery from Batman by Danny Elfman
    Like A Dog Chasing Cars from The Dark Knight by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
    The Hand Of Fate, Parts 1 & 2 from Signs and Fairy Dance from Peter Pan by James Newton Howard
    Oraculum from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

The entire American Beauty score by Thomas Newman.
    All of Inception by Hans Zimmer.

..and so much more.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Great song and an underrated movie.