Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 59

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Honestly adding all these weird rules and caveats makes it harder to sell tovfrinds who have never heard of it. Actually none of my friends have heard of it so I’ve had to explain it every time. It’s hard to sell it to them with all the asterisks. It’s sounding pretty complicated to explain once all those changes go into affect.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I don't even try and sell it to my friends.

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I try to sell it to my enemies.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

what are these friends of which you speak

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I mean...Durst got ok notices for both of his previous films. Enough to say that he’s at least competent as a filmmaker, if nothing special.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I did not know he directed before. I'll have to do a little more research.

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Won’t argue there, hoping they come out with something like this.

Vase Full Of Rocks and TJ Wells like this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

will ride this out until the end (or regal announces a better service lol) but the amount of changes they’ve dragged out in the relatively short lifespan is pretty wild

10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yeah at this point I’m along for the ride. By the time my one year comes up ill have seen at least 45 movies (55ish viewings thanks to a lot of viewings of call me by your name and phantom thread), and even though that’s not a super high amount because I was busy for the first few months, I think it’s enough to make me feel satisfied with what I paid for.

11. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Honestly it was a great year and no matter what happens im thankful for Moviepass no matter how shady they are. On top of that the ridiculousness of this deal probably made AMC's new service and other future services like this even better deals than they would have been if there wasnt moviepass just because of the competition aspect. It wouldve been in the 30$ a month for one movie a week or something. Who knows. It set the bar very high as far the deal goes.

12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

So I just went to my Regal Titan Luxe movie theater to get Jurassic Park tickets for tonight and had to be $1.50 with my credit card. My ticket was $16.50 and MP only covered $1.50. I've never had this happen at this theater and use it once a week here. The surge charges started already?

13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I didn’t have any issues Thursday.

14. Quick, Hereditary or Fallen Kingdom? (I haven't seen Jurassic World, but does that even matter for this franchise?)

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Hereditary by like a million miles.

TJ Wells and primavera like this.
  16. Oof. I hated the ending. Hated.

But then the more I thought about previous scenes, the more it made sense.

So, okay, it didn't come out of nowhere. I still don't like it a ton. But I guess that shouldn't dismantle how much I absolutely loved the entire rest of the movie.

Groogz likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Fallen kingdom is no exaggeration one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Like, it’s stunning to me so many people could come together to craft such a colossal pile of horseshit.

18. Greg

I have seen so many worse movies than that. It’s not even the worst JP movie.

It’s certainly not a great movie though.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It’s the worst Jurassic park movie by a mile.

20. Greg

While this doesn’t negate how you feel... that is not the general consensus anywhere that I have seen. RT, IMDB, Metacritic...

21. jjnunn118 Jun 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2018)
    jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

It's honestly impressive how they could take a movie with the least defined characters I've ever seen, then somehow make them blander in a sequel

TJ Wells likes this.
  22. Uh, just to clarify, I ended up seeing Hereditary. Was kind of confused when I came back into this thread and everyone was talking about the movie I didn't see.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I got you. Sorry you hated the ending but I’m glad you didn’t see JW. Lol.

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Won’t You Be My Neighbor has made me emotional for going on four hours.

25. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I feel like since I got moviepass in December the 15 flicks I've seen since have been mostly poor except maybe 4 flicks (Ready Player One, Game Night, Disaster Artist, Rampage)