Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 58

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

lowkey really wanting to go watch the mr Rodgers documentary even if it's at the theater on the other side of town.

riotspray likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

has anyone seen Superfly yet? that looks pretty good I may try to catch it this weekend while I wait for less crowded showings of JW and Incredibles lol

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Curious about this too, it’s basically the only thing I’m allowed to see at this point because of the one viewing per movie rule.

5. drewinseries

Drew

AMC is the only theater I frequent near me that accepts MP. There are smaller indie theaters that I go to every once in a while but they don't accept that. If I'm only using MP at AMCs, I may as well just go with AMC A-list, that way I can preorder tickets, get value on concessions too.....Idk man.

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Superfly was better than I expected but not great. Moviepass worthy for sure though.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Boss is letting me leave work at 3. There's a "Won't You Be My Neighbor" showing at 3:30, about 25ish minutes away, without traffic. Going to do my best to make it!

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Gross. AMC is trash. Regal is way better.

jkauf and NJPunkMusic like this.
  9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

AMCs vary wildly in quality I find. The one in my hometown is trash, but the one in my current city is actually really nice.

10. drewinseries

Drew

I like my local AMC. Hate the dine in section (8 screens I think?) otherwise I enjoy it. If you get the Stubs A list don't you get to cut the line for concessions all the time too?

11. As I've said before, there are three AMCs in Burbank, two of which have reclining seats, and there are a buuuunch of restaurants nearby. They don't always get the smaller movies, but it's still my go-to for a meal and a movie if I'm not driving out to meet my friends in the other direction. If Moviepass dies, I'll probably switch to A-list, since I already have Stubs Premiere. I'm still averaging about one movie a week, so I probably won't max out the weekly three very often, but being able to make advance reservations is super nice. Plus, AMC's customer service isn't a complete dumpster fire. Having the option for 3D/IMAX is good even if I prefer 2D anyway.

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It's worth the drive. Go see it.

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

AMC's mascots are fucking creepy.

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That's odd because here it's vice versa. I wouldn't say Regal is trash either but I tend to have way more problems there than anywhere else in town.

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It could be a regional thing. I mean a lot of it is also based on the actual structure and quality of the theater itself. Some are just reused and barely renovated from old companies while some are brand new and remarkable. It really sucks because the quality varies greatly. It's not like walking into an Apple store and knowing exactly what to expect.

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. American Animals is really good.

johnnyferris and aoftbsten like this.
  17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’m on the annual plan so the surge pricing won’t be affecting me, but even if I wasn’t the deal that MP brings to the table would be still be the one for me as of this moment. I’ve 18 movies since March 30, the day I got my card, and the ticket price has usually averaged between $9 and $14. The majority of the movies I’m seeing are ones I would normally not take a chance on. I saw Gotti two nights and it was pretty damn bad, but at least I have the peace of mind knowing I didn’t waste $14 to see it.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s absolutely worth it.

19. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Made it to Won’t You Be My Neighbor.
    There was one moment where we were all crying tears of joy.
    Loved the last few minutes.
    Not sure it’s something I need to see multiple times, but it was wonderful.

20. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I wish it was playing near me.

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I cried as soon as the movie started.

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

From the MoviePassClub subreddit

r/MoviePassClub - [Official Statement] Peak Pricing, Bring-A-Guest, & Premium Showings Update

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

was just asked for the first time to snap a picture of my stub as i picked up jurassic world tickets.

24. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I still haven’t had to take a photo.

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I got an email explaining I’m part of some beta feature where I now have to take a photo every single time lol. It’s annoying, but it’s fast and has always worked for me, so I don’t have a problem with it yet.