Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 57

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lmao this would make me striaght up leave the theater

oncenowagain, Dodger, shea and 3 others like this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Movie pass hemorrhaging money because it is unstable was pretty predictable

4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Haha the funny thing is that when moviepass scoffs at amc for saying "you laughed at us and noe you're doing the same thing... You said it wasn't sustainable but now you're doing it..."

Ehhhh moviepass it's not sustainable for you because gourennoy making money off concessions.... amc having a card for unlimited movies for their theater actually could work. Like there's a business plan that I could buy "get people to specifically choose our theater over others and get them in so they can buy soda and popcorn"

Poor moviepass. :(

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The more I think about this surge pricing thing the more I hate it. Moviepass has been such a terribly run company. I hate how vague they are in the statements about these new things too.

NJPunkMusic and jkauf like this.
  6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Even with surge pricing... Even if they raised the price.... It's still an insane deal.

One movie is $14 for me.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea... even if they charge $3 each time I see a “popular” movie opening weekend I’ll still be ahead.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

But we signed up for a flat fee, per month, to see one movie per day. Not to pay our monthly fee and then pay surcharges on top of that to see movies that MoviePass deems popular. I feel like just upping the subscription fee a bit would've been a smarter move.

NJPunkMusic and jkauf like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

If they did surge pricing to "deter" moviepassers from going opening weekend, i think i could understand it. i usually avoid opening weekend for almost anything that isn't Avengers or SW Episode movies

10. Greg

I always go to Thursday night screenings. It is lame to be penalized for that. But again, I’m still saving mad money.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The surge pricing thing kinda sucks, but I'm never that excited to see something that I couldn't wait a week or two, or just go on a weeknight or whatever.

I understand why people get mad every time MoviePass changes something (and yes, they are a very shittily run company) BUT unless you bought an annual package (which the surge prices won't apply to) then you can cancel at any time.

I get it, you signed up for one thing and now it's changing, but you don't have to keep paying for it if you don't like the new terms.

Good things never last.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Full disclosure, I'm on the annual plan so it doesn't affect me. Honestly, I'm just shocked MoviePass has even lasted this long with how much money they're burning through.

riotspray likes this.
  13. Greg

But if you cancel, and they change policy a month or two later, you still have to wait 9 full months to reapply for cancelling.

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Officially switching to AMC A-List.

thedrudo likes this.
  15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. Can't wait for Tuesday. Hopefully I'm still allowed in this thread:teethsmile:

jkauf likes this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Surge pricing makes sense, but they need to mark what movies are on Surge

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think the issue is the lack of transparency, like I hope they would at least give a notification about it
    For instance for some reason with my local chain Disney/Marvel movies aren't covered by Moviepass but I had to google to figure that out, all I know is I got there and it said it was premium, and their generic response is "check beforehand to see if it's an available screening" but who the fuck does that you know
    And if it's $5 extra for every first run movie I'll still save a lot of money but that's also up to what $40 a month extra which is a lot

primavera likes this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Rather just pay the $20 and it already cover all the different formats/etc. without any additional costs. I’m not seeing a movie every single day and never go more than 3 times a week. And I can see a movie more than once.

thedrudo likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I wish the amc one was cheaper, as entitled as that sounds lol. I just can’t bring myself to pay DOUBLE what moviepass is. But that’s because I’m the kind of person who hardly finds it worth it to go to the movies. Moviepass was a way to try and go more and enjoy it and have a time-killer for a low low price.

Idk that’s just my perspective. If it was $15 I’d probably be like okay that’s a good alternative lol

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I really thought there'd be more people who signed up for MP who would utilize it like, once or twice a month or something but it seems like every one I know who uses it does so p extensively

21. Morrissey

Trusted

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...suspicious-is-happening-with-rotten-toma.html

MoviePass owned a part of Gotti, flooded Rotten Tomatoes with positive audience scores, and then ran ads like the film was too rebellious and edgy for critics. It is pretty hilarious.

riotspray likes this.
  22. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s honestly pretty fascinating and sometimes hilarious watching this entirely new concept go through these ups and downs. Like it’s such a novel idea but everyone in charge of it is clearly just shooting from the hip and hoping something lands. I figure once the smoke clears we’ll be left with some pretty watered down version that probably won’t be worth it for most people

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Haha, what?!

25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted