Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The two closest Horizon Cinema locations near me no longer accept moviepass. Which is fine because the one down my street’s a discount theater anyway lol

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I want to see Early Man, but feel so awkward going to a G/PG-rated movie solo.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I went to see Paddington 2 last Tuesday by myself and had a blast, haha. It was literally just me, a mom, and her daughter in the theater. You get over it pretty quickly when you go to enough of them.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. quietwords

I hope so! I have pretty severe anxiety, so going to any movie solo is kind of a challenge. Pathetic, I know. Working on it! Saw Shape of Water solo last week.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  5. ALT/MSC/FAN

Oh, for sure. I've been going to movies by myself since I was 13 years old (living 5 miles away from a theater was definitely a perk), so I know the anxiety aspect of it, for sure. It's definitely something you have to get used to.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Going to movies solo is the way to do it.

7. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I just tell myself it’s a new personal home theater setup. Also helps that I mainly go to late night showings solo when almost no one’s there.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

solo life is the best life

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I saw Early Man by myself, it was assigned seating so I made sure I was sitting next to people because I get what you're saying

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

My theaters kiosk won't let you skip a seat when choosing seats

[x][x][O][V][O]

So if I want to sit in V, it won't let me, because I left a seat in between.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Early Man by myself. Sat in the middle of the theater all alone. I don't really care. I'll probably go see Peter Rabbit too.

12. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

So my moviepass app wasn’t letting me check nor somebody else in life. I bought my ticket without it. I feel disgusting.

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

If you take a picture of the ticket stub and send it to them they'll refund you!

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund for a ticket bought out of pocket? They say they'll reimburse you, but I've heard that it's a chore to actually get them to.

15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I had to pay for it out of pocket when we watched The Killing of a Sacred Deer, and I'll have to double-check with my girlfriend but I don't know that they ever did reimburse us for it tbh

suicidesaints likes this.
  16. Yes, once. The second time, they didn't bother replying. Although that might be because AMC took my $5 Stubs reward automatically to pay for a $5 Tuesday ticket.

suicidesaints likes this.
  17. Dodger

Also where do I send this picture of my ticket stub? I can’t find it on their website lol

18. Dodger

Having my first problems with Moviepass. Where in the hell is this live chat in app feature? It says to go to it when your card isnt working, but it says its in help and all there is is a search bar and popular Q/A's. Then you ask a question and theres a "contact us" button, but you just send the question and theres no reply. it gets sent like an email. So thats not a live chat. Im confused.

I updated the app recently to their new design. Wondering if the old version of app had a easier live chat. Has anybody ever used the live chat?

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

from what I can tell,you pretty much have no choice but to call them if you have a problem and want an answer, ahaha.

20. Dodger

Yeah I forgot about that honestly. Ill do that next. thanks!

21. quietwords

Trying to decide what to see tonight- it's between Lady Bird, I Tonya, and the Post.

22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

lady bird is going to be out of theaters very soon so i would see that one!!

23. Account (bottom right corner) > Help > Chat Icon (top right corner)

24. Dodger

There is no icon. Did you update the app? I updated to the new layout and there’s nothing in the top right

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Is the update only for iOS?

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but I still have the old version.