Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. The only thing I don’t like is the map view instead of list view as default for the theatre tab.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I decided to watch Black Panther right after I got off work this morning.

I saw the line to order tickets was around 20-25 people long.

I walk inside and the electronic kiosk had 2 people in line. I pulled up the app while waiting and got everything ready and boom done.

So easy.

This messsage is also #sponsored by MoviePass.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Even before movie pass I always did kiosk unless I had a coupon or it wasn't available, why do people want more human interaction

Larry David likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

It's funny because before Moviepass I would always do human interaction.

but since Moviepass I'm like ok where is the electronic kiosk.

some dude behind me was like "I love moviepass after seeing how quick it was for him."

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

A way around that is to just buy a ticket for a movie around the same time and then just go into the theater where they're showing the shorts too. That's what I did last weekend - my local theater was showing Casablanca as part of a throwback series, but it wasn't showing up on the app, so I just bought a ticket for Winchester (a 2:10 screening) and just went in the Casablanca theater (a 2:00 screening).

Only real way it doesn't work is if the movie you go into sells out.

suicidesaints likes this.
  6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

The kiosks at my theater suck because there's 4 of them, but 2 of them are permanently out of service and the other 2 are temperamental as hell. BUT I still go to the kiosk every time and there will be no one using the kiosks and like 40 people in line. It's crazy.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

Also, I've had Moviepass since August - here's a list of everything I've seen using it: Moviepass

8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I would at my normal theater but the only one near me showing it is a screen with less than 20 chairs so it'd be too difficult to pull off something like that haha

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  9. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

It's really cool seeing all my family loving movies again, we used to just go to Star Wars and whatever Christopher Nolan put out and that was it lol.

10. CobraKidJon

Watched Black Panther today and tomorrow maybe early man?

I shall see.

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

Gonna catch 15:17 to Paris tomorrow after work I think

12. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Got my moviepass Saturday and went to black panther today. I must say for all of the bad experiences I’ve seen people post about, so far I’ve had zero issues. Black Panther was good. I haven’t really watched many of the marvel movies to know how it compares but it was entertaining.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Saw Early Man and 15:17 over the weekend. I'm a sucker for Nick Park/Aardman films, but I really liked Early Man. Looking forward to Annihilation this weekend.

14. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I'm seeing Black Panther tomorrow (8:30am showing which I am pumped about bc I am an old lady). Then hopefully get back to seeing Oscar nominated movies. Still need to see pretty much all the big names with only a few weeks left, need to get stepping! After the awards though I'm looking forward to Annhilation and Gringo, might see Early Man too if I get the chance.

15. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Can I talk you out of it?

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

Literally the only reason I'm going is because @brandon_260 really liked it. I just like Clint's stuff and just want to kill an afternoon haha.

suicidesaints and brandon_260 like this.
  17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, I’ll be shocked if you like it.

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

Really? I'm honestly surprised you liked it so much, given the general response to it thus far. I've really liked Clint's last few though, so I'm not really sure what to expect given how it's doing so far.

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It doesn’t have most of the trademarks of a “traditionally good” movie, ie “good” acting. I appreciate it more for it’s formless, avant-garde tendencies. I’m also a massive Eastwood fan and I think it’s an interesting approach to his pet themes while also marking a new phase stylistically.

ALT/MSC/FAN and suicidesaints like this.
  20. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Just ordered one of these. I'm not much of a movie goer, but I figured it would give me something to do on nights where I'm not doing anything.

21. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

so far the only downside i can see to moviepass is how many bad movies my boyfriend is going to want to see because we won't lose any money doing it. (red sparrow here we come :teethsmile:)

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Red Sparrow is getting good reviews, I'm glad love Jen and Matthias

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Red Sparrow is gonna be miles better than half the garbage I've wound up seeing with MP.

Shrek and yeahrightdude like this.
  24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

every time I see the trailer, all I can think of is "less fun Atomic Blonde." I also really don't like Jennifer Lawrence. I am totally hoping to be surprised though.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

The only movie I’ve regretted seeing so far is Downsizing.

a nice person and suicidesaints like this.