Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 105

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Ticket verification literally takes 5-10 seconds. You press the screen once to get the camera up from the check in screen. Hold up the ticket. Press the screen again to take the picture. And then send it.

I don’t get the big deal lol of all the shit with this company that is so far down the list of inconveniences.

2. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Looks like I was charged twice for this month. Anyone else have this problem?

3. That's not the big deal. What if I wanted to check in to The Meg and buy a ticket for Eighth Grade instead? The availability schedule is stupid.

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

last 3 movies i've checked into something else and bought a ticket for the movie i wanted to see. i usually just say that the app crashed and i dont have a picture for verification. last time it wouldn't let me type anything in so i just took a picture of my carpet lol

Richter915 and aoftbsten like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'd be too anxious to lie plus every theater here is reserved

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. yeahrightdude Aug 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2018)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I really do have miserable luck with shitty people setting next to me in the theater. I cannot understand how people can live their lives so long while being so oblivious to other people and their surroundings.

If there are over 100 seats available why in the fucking world would you sit directly in front or behind someone?

This lady just sat behind me in a nearly empty theater and put her fucking bare feet on my headrest. I’ve never come so close to yelling at someone like that before.

Jfc

riotspray and johnnyferris like this.
  7. musicfan10

Trusted

It cracks me up that people don’t want to take a pic of their ticket hahaha . It takes 10 seconds

johnnyferris likes this.
  8. Ughhh taking the pic isn't the problem

I was okay with ticket verification until they limited my movie choices.

Richter915, aoftbsten and DrAlanGrant like this.
  9. musicfan10

Trusted

It’s all a waste

10. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I’m gonna create an app that makes fake movie tickets so that people can MoviePass the movie they actually want to watch and “verify” their fake purchase.

Richter915 likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, the act of taking a picture is not at all what people are annoyed by. It’s that it makes it more difficult to use this service in the manner which we originally signed up for, ie seeing the movie we want to see.

Richter915 likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i checked my card today and it didn't get charged so that is nice

Richter915 likes this.
  13. I saw The Meg tonight and didn’t need to do ticket verification. Successful evening with MoviePass.

Richter915 and cybele like this.
  14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

::Evil Kermit meme::

I'll lie for you...

15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I received a third cancellation notice yesterday out of the blue lmao.

16. musicfan10

Trusted

definitely cancelling after this month, but worried that it wont cancel?

17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I liked the Spy Who Dumped Me way more than expected

18. musicfan10

Trusted

my moviepass offering 1 showtime for the whole day, a 4:00?
    this happen to anyone else ?

19. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

How do you cancel this?
    Mine’s cancelled because I didn’t agree to the new terms but my best friend’s is still active and it’s impossible for him to cancel/change the card

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I did it within the app, immediately got a cancellation email as well.

21. Full Effect Ed

The app keeps closing and when he called a message said their phone lines have been shut down. It’s pissing me off watching him jump through all these hoops lol. Fuck this company up their stupid assholes

22. Full Effect Ed

Nvm he finally got it

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh damn i managed to check into a movie that’s not on the daily list at a non-eticketing theater.

I guess I’m seeing Incredibles 2 today

24. musicfan10

Trusted

how ?

25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Yesterday I had to set my phone to never auto-lock and forgot to change it back. This morning I checked the app to see what was available today and everything was showing. I got distracted and put my phone down without closing the app. Everything was still up when I grabbed it before I left so I kept the app open in the background until I was done with my errands. The movies were still available when I was done so I checked in and it let me buy a ticket.

I refreshed after buying the tickets and everything was gone but the daily movie options.