Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services • Page 104

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It was one of the reasons I decided not to get MoviePass but I was still considering it because it seemed like a good deal

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Well for people that don't have $3 theaters it was a great deal. I saved $120 with moviepass.

3. All the money I "saved" I spent on concessions, which I never did before. Support the theater, I guess.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I just did this too thanks for the suggestion
    I was gonna see if I had any empty or near empty gift cards lying around and I found with $50 bucks still on it from God knows when , it's like rraaaaaiinnnnnnn on your wedding day

supernovagirl likes this.
  5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m happy that you were/are satisfied with it. Cinema prices are ridiculous.

6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Gonna see The Meg uhhhhh I mean Alpha tonight.

7. Seth ROBINSON

Lol you movie pass users who buy a ticket for one movie then go see another one are creating a pretty big headache for theater workers at theaters with reserved seating, like mine. We had a huge fight today between a movie pass user who grabbed a random seat in a packed theater versus a guest who paid for that seat.

Connor likes this.
  8. oncenowagain

First of all, I feel like you’re accusing me of doing this and I resent that accusation. Second, I wouldn’t be senseless enough to do that at a theatre where there is assigned seating. Third, if I did decided to be senseless enough to do what I expressly said I wouldn’t do in my second point, I’d at least be smart enough to do it for a movie that would likely be waning in is popularity to assure that the theatre isn’t at capacity. Then I’d wait until the previews are nearly done to find a row of empty seats, so if someone who is also running later is like “this is mine”, I can go “sorry kind gentleman/miss, I must have miscounted the seats” or some shit and scooch over.

riotspray and DrAlanGrant like this.
  9. If people are doing that, they’re doing it wrong.

Unless the ticket verification is still a thing, there’s no reason you’d need to buy a ticket to the movie you say you’re checked into. I guess unless the company actually double checks that your particular card is purchasing the ticket for the movie you actually checked into.

So what I plan on doing is checking into one of the apps available movies so it loads my card with money, and then I’m going to use the card to just buy a ticket for the movie I actually want to see.

I’m not that scared of them canceling my card for doing that. I’m sure there’s a shit ton of people doing the same thing. The company needs my money every month more than I need MP anymore. Haha

Connor likes this.
  10. oncenowagain

I’m still being asked to do ticket verification. I only didn’t do it one time and it’s because I just forgot about it until after the movie, opened the app on my way out to take a pic of it, and the session timed out and wasn’t prompted to do it for that viewing. Never got a penalty or anything, but I’m still being asked to do it every time.

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I believe the verification stops once your new billing cycle has started at this point. I should still have it til the 30th, if I understand their wonky email.

Richter915 likes this.
  12. oncenowagain

I’m annual so idk if it will ever stop for me until my year is up.

13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Ya that's what it says on the faq page. I saw something that they're letting people swap to the new plan even on annual. I'd look into it .

14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I 100% think this is what moviepass expects their users to do.

15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Ticket verification is so much better than 3 movies per month. Even though they barely offer that many movies anymore.

riotspray likes this.
  16. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly don’t think they check the ticket stub you submit on the app. You could probably take a photo of your Taco Bell receipt and it wouldn’t make a difference

riotspray likes this.
  17. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

a nice person and yeahrightdude like this.
  18. oncenowagain

Is there a difference in movies being blocked out for annual vs monthly subscribers?

For instance, I could only pick from alpha or slender man yesterday.

19. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I believe everyone is limited to this availability/schedule.
    MoviePass | MoviePass

oncenowagain likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Saw Blackkklansman today and still had the photo verification, unfortunately.

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

5:30pm, no showing of anything available. Sigh.

22. I got that message too

Connor likes this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i fortunately never had ticket verification

24. Was able to use mine for Crazy Rich Asians! A 1:40 showing, idk if maybe there are blackouts just later in the day?

I still have ticket verification fml

25. musicfan10

Trusted

ticket verification is useless, i buy a ticket for whatever is offered and go
    into whatever movie i want because i'm in a small town with very few people
    going to the movie. but the whole business model is a complete wreck