Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie Theater Subscription Services

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Nov 30, 2017.

1. suicidesaints Nov 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2018)
    suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

More and more people are talking about it all over the site, so I thought it might be nice to have one place to discuss all things MoviePass.

How many films did you get to see this week?

Anything new/off the radar that you might recommend checking out?

Customer Service:
    Phone: 1 (855) 336-3632‬

Additional Links:
    Facebook
    Reddit
    Twitter

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Just ordered two for myself and my wife!

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've had mine for about 6 weeks now and have seen 8 movies, I think. It's been great, but I find myself checking showtimes daily and trying to squeeze something in whenever possible.

Anyone know anything about these movies? These are all coming out tomorrow at my local theaters and I'm trying to find some new/different stuff to watch since I've already seen everything else playing.
    24 Hours to Live (2017) - IMDb
    Oro (2017) - IMDb
    Tom of Finland (2017) - IMDb
    Novitiate (2017) - IMDb
    A Bad Idea Gone Wrong (2017) - IMDb
    Kepler's Dream (2017) - IMDb
    Tadeo Jones 2: El secreto del Rey Midas (2017) - IMDb

4. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Murder on the Orient Express was solid, never read the book. Josh Gad needs to be in every movie.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

Do I need to buy one of these?

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely.

Like I said, I'm only 6 weeks in, so things could go down hill, but at this point, I can't really see any reason not to get one.

I've paid $19.98 total so far and have watched 8 movies. I have 17 days before I will be charged $9.99 again, and could potentially see 17 more movies before then.

angrycandy likes this.
  7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I feel stupid, but I don't fully understand how this works? Can someone explain it to my dumbass?

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This makes me want to move to America

9. drewinseries

Drew

I ordered my card early September, took mid-October to get here, in which time my local theater stopped allowing online purchasing so I have to physically be there to get my ticket. Not a big deal, but the theater is assigned seating so it can limit my experience a bit.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I typically buy my tickets through the electronic kiosks at the movie theater rather than waiting in lines. Do I just swipe the MoviePass card like a credit card? Or do I need to go to an actual person

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It works at the kiosk

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

if moviepass wanted as many people as possible to have this thing, they definitly did their job.

I wonder if their gameplan is to have such a large subscription base, that eventually movie theater companies will see the value of partnering with them, and that's how they'll end up making the splash?

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

You download an app. Go on the app, you can see theaters, showtimes, etc... Find a movie you want to see. When you get to the theater, load the app and select the movie/showtime you want, it will then say "Check in" - Once you check in, you a credit is loaded to your MoviePass card (kinda like a debit card) - You then have 30 minutes to go to the box office/kiosk and buy your ticket (using the MoviePass card) - You can see one movie a day

15. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Awesome. Thank you! Have to look into the costs, but sounds like it's worth it.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

It's $10 a month. Totally worth it.

17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm at a job interview and they want me to come back in 2 hours.... you know what that means!!

Moviepass time. Coco

18. Dog with a Blog

Might see Three Billboards today. We’ll see

19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Got the year subscription and I've already seen 3 movies with it. Unfortunately my theater isn't getting a single new movie this week. Really looking forward to I, Tanya and The Disaster Artist next week though!

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Got my movie pass, but I can't activate it. The app didn't prompt me for the card like it was supposed to. I just wanna see a movie man!

21. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Drove an hour for an Alamo Drafthouse, I never want to go back to my local Regal. Bless you Moviepass, bless you.

22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Update: customer service is so prompt it's insane! Got my card activated in 3 minutes! Disaster Artist here I come!

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Glad you got it fixed quickly. I've read their customer service is a major problem and that it's extremely difficult to get ahold of someone.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yo... Moviepass the truth.

25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Disaster Artist was hysterical but I definitely recommend seeing The Room first.

beachdude42 and yeahrightdude like this.