Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movie/Film Podcasts

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

2. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

loadingreadyrun on YouTube have been going through the James Bond series, official and unofficial films, which I have found to be really enjoyable especially since I love the series as a whole and have found out things about some of the films I never knew about.

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  3. Full Effect Ed

Yeah some of the guys from Consequence of Sound have had a podcast called “Halloweenies” for the last few years that’s been doing something similar to the Bond franchise. It’s one of the links in the OP if anyone’s interested.

They started in 2018 with the Halloween franchise, doing a film/sequel in order each month. Last year they did the Elm Street films and this year they’re currently in the middle of the Friday series. Each episode’s 3-3.5 hours each, so they’re pretty lengthy. But goddamn are they detailed haha, I really like the structure they’ve got.

secretsociety92 likes this.
  4. Full Effect Ed

5. soggytime

Trusted

Blank Check with Griffin & David

My absolute favorite podcast - a critic and an actor/comedian break down director's filmographies. Directors that have had massive successes and get a series of blank checks to make whatever crazy passion projects their hearts desire. They've covered directors such as The Wachowskis, Nolan, Miyazaki, Cameron, Burton and Nancy Meyers. They just kicked off a new mini-series about Robert Zemeckis this week.

6. Full Effect Ed

Never heard of this but love the concept, I just subscribed. Thanks!

soggytime likes this.
  7. Full Effect Ed

And then there’s also my movie podcast that I host with my daughter, introducing her to all my favorite films & cult genre classics that I grew up adoring & enjoying. Every Monday morning we release a new episode that covers whatever film we watched that weekend. Here’s our episodes so far (Spotify links but we’re also on pretty much all platforms at this point):

The Breakfast Club (1985) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Reservoir Dogs (1992) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey (2020) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

The Shining (1980) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Halloween (1978) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Clueless (1995) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

I’m also announcing our October slate today, but I’ll give you guys an exclusive look before I post it anywhere else:

9F318947-8924-420B-99AF-75159BBB0842.jpeg

8. Full Effect Ed

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

For weekly discussions of new movie releases, I usually check out “Breakfast All Day” (formerly What The Flick?), “Filmspotting” and “Filmweek.” All good stuff.

stayillogical and Full Effect Ed like this.
  10. Full Effect Ed

I vaguely remember What The Flick

11. Full Effect Ed

12. Full Effect Ed

13. TobyFigueroa

Thank you for sharing great movies with me.

14. Full Effect Ed

15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I wanted to plug my (now defunct due to time) podcast I created with my girlfriend. We paired craft beer with a horror movie and discussed both! I am a massive horror fan and she merely tolerates them, so you get 2 different opinions and perspectives.

‎Hops & Fears on Apple Podcasts

16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

If you’re not super precious about Star Wars, Lauren Lapkus and Nicole Byer have a podcast called Newcomers where they watch the entire series for the first time. They’re doing Lord of the Rings now as well. I thought the Star Wars episodes were funnier though. Lots of great guests pop in as well

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It’s long been retired but I recommend I Was There Too with Matt Gourley, interviews actors who had small roles in big movies. All episodes might not be available but I think it’s archived on Stitcher.

I Was There Too podcast on Earwolf

flask and Full Effect Ed like this.
  18. Full Effect Ed

I actually remember you plugging this before on here, I just subscribed to listen later tomorrow!

Love this concept, I just wish it was on Apple Podcasts!

As for my show, here’s this week’s episode along with a few others from recently. I really hope you guys enjoy!

Child’s Play 2 (1990) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Trick r Treat (2007) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Tales From the Crypt Presents Demon Knight (1995) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Thirteen Ghosts (2001) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Tales From the Darkside: The Movie (1990) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Top 10 Favorite Scary Movies - Mad-Dad Movie Review

Big Trouble in Little China (1986) - Mad-Dad Movie Review

chewbacca110 likes this.
  19. Full Effect Ed

20. Full Effect Ed

21. rob_in_tunstall

Hey guys. I am making a podcast about films 90's Film with some old high school friends. Please check it out! It is on Spotify, iTunes, Acast, SoundCloud ect and it is called Podfellas:-)

22. Full Effect Ed

23. Full Effect Ed

24. Full Effect Ed

25. Full Effect Ed

riotspray likes this.