Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movements - Feel Something (October 20, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Sep 28, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is a good comparison, Thursday/ la dispute// silverstein. That would be a good 3 band influence

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

up in 320

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

After listening to this in full quality this band shows enourmous potential with this release. For fans of underoath, Thursday, la dispute, pianos become the teeth. People are going to end up liking this.

Flaws
    The choruses still feel a bit too generic for me at times, especially the vocal melodies. I’d like to see them mess with song structures a bit more moving forward.

At times the pitch correction in the vocals comes through.

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Planning to give this a listen today. Finally listened to the 3 pre-release tracks over the weekend and was really feeling them.

5. I actually showed this comment to the band and they thought it was funny that you mentioned the pitch correction because apparently there isn't that much and Will Yip kept commenting while Pat was tracking vocals that his voice comes across as kind of pitch-corrected naturally. If you see them live you can hear how solid of a voice Pat has too. They also appreciated the band comparisons!

EDIT: the album stream is up now for those who were waiting!

teebs41 and solxace like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh man I feel really bad now.. I guess that’s just the way it is! Still love it

BigMouth likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I may have just sent the band an apology on fb messenger ha I feel bad.. especially since I was wrong!

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Why does this sound so much better than the citizen lp production wise ha

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I kind of wanted more out of this but it's not bad

10. Oh they didn't mind. They were happy you're digging the record! Also, to comment on the quality of the mix/master, I agree. This is one of the best sounding Yip projects in a while. Which I'm happy about, I was wary when they told me they were recording it with Yip. But they seem to mesh really well.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder if the shorter recording time period actually helped them, they just went for more straight forward tones rather than maybe over thinking things

12. Possibly, they did say it was very intense. Spencer (the drummer) told me had a bunch of blisters from tracking, because they did all the drums in like a day and a half or something.

13. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I've never listened to this band before but I saw some hype on Twitter so I listened this morning and I love it.

solxace and BigMouth like this.
  14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Finally listening to this and quite enjoying it. But it def reminds me of a few bands but I can't pinpoint which ones I'm thinking so it's distracting. But yeah really enjoy this. More than the EP.

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It was really starting to bother me so I'm glad I remembered who i was thinking of. Some of this reminds me of Tickle Me Pink and their album Madeline. Definitely hear some La Dispute in their sound too.

16. That's pretty high considering they're a new artist in this scene!

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea this band is way bigger outside of this community. Alt press asked people what their album of the year was on twitter and a ton of people said this

BigMouth likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

finally got around to this. its way better than their first ep. im actually kinda surprised how into this i am

solxace, BigMouth and teebs41 like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes finally someone else, this albums slays.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Deadly full is such a powerful mature sound. People need to listen to this band

21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I really need to revisit this album.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

So I just discovered this album a few days ago and I love it. Reminds me of La Dispute.

BigMouth and teebs41 like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea the similarities are def there. They even asked will if they could use some of the same type of guitar tones used on rooms of the house.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this band seems to be blowing up everywhere but here. I still come back to this record a decent amount, I continue to appreciate it more and more. Its a great pop punk/post hardcore record. @JediMasterKevo182 you would reaalllyy dig this

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Haven’t heard of them. Is this there only album? If not is it a good starting point?

teebs41 likes this.