Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me (March 24, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

It is probably the most real/unflinching document of loss I have ever heard. I don't know how that's gonna do for replayability but I'm really really glad it exists

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I won't be able to listen to this very often. I can say that with certainty.

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

We are always all so close to not existing at all

Today our daughter asked me if mama swims
    I told her yes she does and that's probably all she does now

4. Kennedy

this record has really consumed my mind. my posts earlier were my initial reaction, and i still stand by it. but i think when im listening to the album its easier to hear some of the really brutal stuff but also see its beauty because of the love that is being displayed for a person... but when the album just rests in my mind after listening to it its really dark. i dont really know how to explain what im trying to say. i also didnt mention in my earlier posts that i fell asleep right after i finished listening last night, and my dreams were really dark and bad. i had a dream that my mom died right after i listened to this, and the dream was brutal. i dont usually have dreams like that.

i guess what im trying to say is that this is a really hard album for me to listen to. but i cant stop thinking about it. normally if im thinking about an album this much i revisit it again and again, but i really cant.

5. 5Stories

Regular

As someone who likes pretty/sad music, I've never listened to this guy before. Where should I start? All his work seems to be critically acclaimed (well, Pitchfork likes it a lot).

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Glow Pt 2.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yes, glow pt 2 is an indie classic

KennedyBN and KidLightning like this.
  8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I took my shirt off in the yaaard

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

To my surprise, I can't stop listening to this

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Same.

Man, the guitar work on Soria Moria is absolutely gorgeous oh my god

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This is absolutely heartbreaking.

12. Kennedy

Still havnt revisited this :/

13. Dog with a Blog

The only thing that's ever made me feel like this at all is the song Timothy by As Cities Burn.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

I know I already said it like 3 posts up lol but man, that guitar on Soria Moria. Haunting. But so beautiful.

15. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Anyone have the Japanese CD version? It's the only CD version available apart from secondhand discs worth $100-plus. Wondering if the packaging is in English etc... Would love a physical copy of Glow Pt 2 and have no money for vinyl.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

shit this is devestating

17. cwhit

i feel like i can't listen to this album at work

18. RonandTammy

Regular

Yea, I'm listening to this right now and I'm on track two. I know his wife died in real life, but did his daughter as well?

19. cwhit

nope, she's just motherless

20. RonandTammy

Regular

Oh, weird because he's talking about her as if she died.

Wait, no, I heard wrong.

21. RonandTammy

Regular

Alright, yea I can't listen to this while at work. My eyes have swelled up multiple times already and I'm only on Ravens.

22. PauLo

43% Burnt

Musically how is this? Is there still the black metal influences or is it more subtle considering the lyrical context?

23. RonandTammy

Regular

Very simplistic but there is some ambiance going on. I'm not familiar with any of his other work.

24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

no metal influence at all really, just subdued strumming and occasionally what sounds like a really cheap drum machine

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

oh man