Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 72

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP Oct 28, 2022
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2022)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Damnnnnn

$7 million is pennies to Red Bull though

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Joe4th likes this.
  3. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

The fine should really apply to their cost cap, otherwise it's sort of pointless. That's just paying for the FIA Christmas do at this point.

Curious that Aston wrongly excluded all that stuff and yet somehow didn't break the cap. Wonder if there was an element of testing the water to find out what they can get away with before their new factory opens and they start really splashing the cash.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

100%.

All I’ll say is they’re offloading everything they possibly could to be non-F1 related activities to avoid it counting towards the cap, to ridiculous extents. I suspect it is the same for most teams above Alpha Tauri/Alfa Romeo level, honestly.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Snooze, as usual

Much more interesting is Ferrari's car for LeMans next year, the 499P - thing is absolutely gorgeous

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is great though

Joe4th, Nick and Ferrari333SP like this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Chastain literally said that he got the idea from playing NASCAR 05 on GameCube as a kid haha

disambigujason likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

KMag on pole. Ferrari should collectively retire.

MrCon likes this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Verstappen getting a 5s penalty for that collision is absolutely baffling

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh god they forgot to tell Tsunoda to unlap himself

12. MrCon

Chandok did a bit on the Sky pad after the race which explained it quite well. I'm all for Max getting punished, but I was baffled by it during the race when he got a penalty. The logic seems to have been that he basically put himself in a position where he could never make the corner, so whether Lewis left him space or not he needed to slow down because his entry to the corner would have been so tight that he'd never make it regardless.

Max really covering himself in glory at the end too.

Good race though. Little sad that Lewis just hasn't had the luck when needed to pinch a win and keep his record this year. Can't see it happening next weekend.

Amazing bit of work from Alonso today after the Alpines made such a balls of the sprint. Sainz seemed weirdly subdued at the end.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Going to miss Seb’s last race as we’re renovating the new house :verysad::verysad:

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yay, another runaway Verstappen win

15. Scoob

Regular

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus... so freaking sad. RIP.

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

FFFUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Like, WTF 2023?????

I can’t imagine with the Block family is going through right now. Lia Block was supposed to have the 4th and final episode of her Audi daily driver build go live tomorrow on YouTube. Ken has been Lia’s biggest supporter, helping her throughout the build process, and so I can’t imagine her wanting to drive the car now.

I’ve been following Ken’s career for years too, buying Monster merch because of him, watching all his Gymkhana videos, and even seeing him in person at a rally in Minnesota in 2021

Man, this really fucking sucks

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I’m legit tearing up here, like shit

20. MrCon

Haas starting the livery launches with what looks like a generic livery from a middle tier racing game.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Red Bull Ford incoming.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Oh fuckkkkkk

Damnnnnnn

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

24. MrCon

I'm more and more curious about what RB are doing with their engine tech. When they said they were taking it from Honda, it seemed they'd be becoming a fully fledged engine manufacturer, but with this Ford deal and the failed Porsche one, it feels like they're just taking the Honda tech, setting up a European manufacturing base and then probably selling it on. I guess that makes some sense though, because it is a bit strange for drinks company to also own a high performance engines facility...

I wonder if Ford bring much to the party here aside of cash. Not aware of them doing any high performance hybrids or sustainable stuff.

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I think for Ford they're just giving enough cash to be able to brand the engine a Ford, and therefore officially be called a "constructor", but not actually provide much of any research or engineering

Joe4th likes this.