Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 70

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds like a late 90's/early 2000's F1 V-10

SamLevi11 likes this.
  2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Platy likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

4. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Good of the Dutch fans to chuck flares on the track. Really been covering themselves in glory this year.

5. MrCon

Also, can't remember a session where marshals have needed to chase pigeons off the circuit.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Tactical spin by Perez

7. MrCon

Yeah. Spoiled the end a bit. I think Max was probably clear, but Lewis had looked punchy throughout quali. Pace looked there to bug the Ferraris.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think he screwed himself too. He was on for a good lap, maybe up to 3rd of 4th depending on Lewis’ lap.

MrCon likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fuck. I hate Ferrari so much. God fucking damn it.

10. MrCon

Fucking Ferrari...

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Snooze

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fucking hell that Red Bull is unreal. Poor decision for Mercedes not to bring Lewis in.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Lewis is so angry. Don’t blame him.

14. Gutted for Lewis

disambigujason likes this.
  15. MrCon

Lewis really lost his rag with the team yesterday. I'm not sure what else the team could have done though. If he'd pitted when George did for softs, he'd have still only got second at best. The VSC and SC in particular just knackered the good strategy that Merc had run in terms of competing for the win. Even if they'd kept George out behind Lewis, I don't see that the result would have been a lot different. The cars on soft just had a way easier time after the restart.

I wonder if it's starting to play on his mind that this is the first season where he might not grab a win.

Nick likes this.
  16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think it makes sense. Mercedes were caught cold with the VSC’s and SC’s. Russell felt that and called the switch to softs while Lewis seemed to trust the engineers. That bit of indecision from the Mercedes wall could have cost a podium for Lewis, I still don’t think Lewis wins if they had pitted for softs earlier in the SC, but it basically guaranteed that they didn’t win when Verstappen was the first with the softs on.

17. MrCon

It's a shame that the VSC and SC messed it all up. Would have been really interesting to see if Max could get back past both Mercs having gone with the 2 stop strategy. He was so quick in the race. Not sure where the Ferrari pace went, given how close quali was.

Also, I wonder if much will be made with all that weirdness with Yuki. Was very strange that he stopped out on track, no SC was thrown and so he slowly brings it back to the pits. He clearly thought he was getting out of the car, as I believe he'd undone his seatbelts, but they sent him back out anyway and this time told him to stop. That seems curious, given he'd safely managed to bring the car back already.

Really not sure there whether it's safer to come back to the pits (keeping the marshals off the track) or risk something falling off the car. Just all seemed quite peculiar, at a time which would have been perfect for a full SC for Max as well...

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It was ridiculous sending Yuki back out. He clearly knew something was wrong with the car, wrong enough to end a race.

MrCon likes this.
  19. Platy

Sam

Albono missing the race and de Vries just ended Latifi's career.

20. Cmoney86 Sep 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 10, 2022)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

Will power just set the record for most pole positions in Indy car

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

*pole

Power gonna win his second tomorrow. His consistency this year is not something I expected.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Man De Vries really did just end Latifi’s career.

MrCon and Joe4th like this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Race again mostly a snooze

24. MrCon

Yeah, De Vries has shown there that Latifi (nice enough guy as he seems) is an utter waste of a seat.

Bit of a bland race, but that's not unusual at Monza. Unless something crazy happens or the weather plays up, the racing there often gets a bit 2 by 2.

Slightly concerned now that starting grids are going to be a mess of engine penalties. There's still 7 to go...

Also, we're basically one Ferrari shitshow away from the title being mathematically done now as well. Seems ridiculous, given how the season started.

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Monaco is on the 2023 f1 schedule and the vegas race is on a saturday