Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Giovinazzi's gearbox just gave up at the end there. Bad day for Ferrari.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Toto sounds incredibly defensive about the RP issue.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seb being so bad is pretty sad. Hopefully he does well at AM next year.

4. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Ferrari, Mclaren and Renault are protesting the punishment now.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Was just about to post that. Wonder if the FIA will sit up now that it’s all 4 of them.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Albon, Verstappen, and Gasly all within one thousandth of a second to each other in Q1

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hulkenberg P3!!!

MrCon likes this.
  8. MrCon

It's going to be the most Hulkenberg thing ever if he gets a podium tomorrow and then the car gets disqualified.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Could you imagine

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Man 3 through 10 on the grid tomorrow is so tight. It’s such a shame the Mercedes are so much better than everyone else. What a season this would be if they were a second slower.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love Hulk or Albon to get a podium. Hulk is so consistent, and Albon is always better in a race than qualifying. Suspect it will be some variation of Bottas - Hamilton - Verstappen though.

12. MrCon

Maybe the Mercs will take each other out, leaving Hulk to romp home to glory!

I think the funnier part of Qualifying so well is how shit it makes Stroll look. Hulk was nearly four tenths faster. That's absolutely appalling to be outdone that badly, by someone who hasn't been near an F1 car since November. Stroll was interviewed after and he was in such a strop. Was wonderful.

Nick likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

what does it say about Perez that Stroll has out performed him then?

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s painful wanting Albon to do well.

Probably scared shitless all season RP are replacing him.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Mercedes struggling badly with tyres. This race is very exciting

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Cannot understand why RP pitted Hulk?? Albon up to 5th passing Stroll.

how the fuck did Leclerc come 4th? On a one stop and all. He’s a wizard.

17. MrCon

I mean, Perez absolutely stuffed him last season, outscoring him 52 to 21 and out qualified him 18-2.

Currently Stroll leads 28-22 and he's done two additional races. Stroll is 2-1 on qualifying in the races they were both in. So, I don't think it says anything about Perez at all right now.

18. MrCon

I can't figure out where the performance of the Ferrari really is. Is the car about as good as it looks with Leclerc or is he scoring results he shouldn't even be thinking about. God knows what Vettel is doing. Seems to making a sport of shit talking Ferrari while wearing their uniform.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Max and Alex were really great today. Would love Red Bull to take it to Mercedes during these warm races where Merc will struggle.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I wonder where Leclerc would have finished on a two stop. Fantastic performance from him managing those tyres.

21. MrCon

On time in the pits alone, around 6th or 7th, but he'd have been doing the same strategy as everyone else, so might well have been stuck in traffic. Good result. Given the Ferrari seems to lack the outright pace to do stints fast enough to offset the pit stops, good call.

Max's call to the team to stick with his first set of tyres was a master-stroke though. Great decision and then backed it up with a performance as well.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it’s easy to say he would have stayed in the points but looking Vettel and Ricciardo’s strategies I think he may have fallen further back if he came out into traffic like them. Ric got murdered on his strategy

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

So happy Max pulled it off today. Hamilton accusing them of having less air pressure in the tyres was rich.

If Ferrari ever figures their shit out, Leclerc is gonna be a monster.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I gotta say I really like listening to Nico Rosberg.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Magnussen is lowkey the worst driver at Haas.