Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Biggest danger to RP are themselves. Perez does not like being beaten by younger team-mates and Stroll is starting right in front of him. If they behave into the first corner, Stroll should take third pretty comfortably (assuming normal conditions at the circuit). As much as Stroll is a bit of a punch bag, he's actually pretty solid in races. I can see them wiping each other out though.

2. Platy

Sam

Track is wet, Max just binned it on the lap to the start line.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hilarious.

Watching it now. Jesus that RB looks awful to drive.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Magnussen in full wets? What the hell lol

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Magnussen no longer in full wets lol

6. Nick Jul 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2020)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hamilton nearly 8 seconds ahead after 3 laps. Jesus.

Latifi from 10th to lapped with a puncture in one pit stop. They released him early into Sainz.

7. Platy

Sam

Looked like Bottas moved before the start, surprised they haven't penalised him for it yet.

8. Nick Jul 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2020)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jesus Ferrari proper fucked up there. Pit Leclerc first who is behind Vettel and give him softs??

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Red Bull called to the stewards for drying the tarmac below Albon before the start

10. MrCon

Where has this Red Bull pace come from? They looked absolute atrocious yesterday, but seem to be much better today. Albon has been slowly making his way up the whole race.

Ferrari strategy looks like it's picked at random.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Excellent from RB and Verstappen.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Hell of a drive for Max today. Happy for him.

13. MrCon

Haas have been called up to the stewards after the race for aiding their drivers. All to do with switching their tyres and starting from the pit lane.

At times, this sport is so ridiculous...

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They each lost a position because of it too. Yeesh

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

No penalty for Albon or Bottas for some bizarre reason but Haas get hammered for that? Ridiculous.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. MrCon

Sounds like some stupid thing they left in the rules, which is specific to the formation lap. During the race, the teams regularly tell the drivers which tyres to use.

Bottas got away with his jumped start because he was a little back in his grid slot and managed to completely stop the car before the lights went out and without over-running his slot.

The Red Bull one is odd. They had them demonstrating after the race that the blowers they use couldn't possibly dry the circuit. Wouldn't be shocked if a few other teams try that one out next time there's a wet grid!

17. Platy

Sam

More 2020 drama.

Perez has tested positive for Covid, will miss the next two races.
    Gutierrez and Vandoorne are the Merc test drivers. Apparently Gutierrez's super licence has expired and Vandoorne is doing Formula E races in Berlin for the next week.

Rumours that Nico Hulkenberg is going to be taking the seat for these races.

Nick likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Imagine Hulk comes back and gets a podium

Platy likes this.
  19. MrCon

That's the dream.

Also, super unlucky timing for Perez. The 7 day isolation was extended to 10 yesterday. If he'd tested positive a day earlier, he'd have only had to miss one race.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The RB car looks fucking awful to drive. Hamilton spins in Q2, while Bottas sets a lap record and the session is red flagged.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This Mercedes is so unfair :tear:

22. Platy

Sam

1 second faster is insane.
    Next season is going to be a bore too as there's going to be little changes in development.
    Hoping 2022 brings back some excitement.

But ignoring the Mercs, the rest of the teams are so close so that should make some exciting racing.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah everything from 3rd back is brilliant. Just a shame the Mercedes are so much better than everyone else.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This F2 race is fantastic.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Two safety cars in the first 15 laps. Everyone has pitted for new tyres. I’d say that’s the race over.