Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Lando third!!!! Fastest lap on the last lap.

2. Platy

Sam

Amazing by Lando! What a race

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

How did Leclerc end up 2nd? Their car is awful. Fair play to him for the last 10 laps though.

4. Platy

Sam

New tyres seemed to make a difference at the end. Hopefully the rest of the season stays this exciting.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s Austria again next week isn’t it? This track seems very tough on the cars.

6. Platy

Sam

Yeah, only 8 races confirmed but more should be done soon.

[​IMG]

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Silverstone back to back is going to be tough on the cars and drivers as well. They should be exciting.

Man, I feel bad for Albon and Russell too Albon would be up there in second if not for the crash and Russell definitely would have gotten his first point if he didn’t break down.

8. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

The last 20 laps of that race were nuts. The Mclarens and Leclerc suddenly turning it all on for the last few was amazing. Blistering last lap by Lando. Unlucky for Albon again. He's going to be giving Lewis a wide berth in future. Or just torpedoing him...

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Alonso going back to Renault for next season.

10. MrCon

Match made in hell I'd say.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Worth a shot, with the new stuff coming in 2022. Gives Alonso a outside chance at maybe a good ride

I'm super excited for a Lando/Danny team next year. McLaren is going to be so fun

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Mugello and Sochi added you the F1 calendar. Rumours of Hockenheim, Imola, and Portimao to be added

13. Joe4th

Hockenheim pleaseeee

MrCon likes this.
  14. MrCon

I'd be surprised if Alonso lasts 2 years. Also, Ricciardo dumping Renault as fast as he did isn't a good sign.

Mugello being added to the calendar is interesting. Unless it's been reworked, that's quite an old school track I think.

15. Joe4th

Pretty sure it’s a 3 year deal

I don’t see much into Ricciardo moving. I’m pretty sure he got another payday, probably more than Renault wanted to pay him. It’ll be interesting to see

16. MrCon

Length of the deal is neither here nor there if he decides to retire again (and we don't know if he has break clauses if he wants to jump ship again). I'd be pretty amazed if he's still involved at 42. I'd also say the Ricciardo thing maybe does say quite a bit about Renault. He went there for big money and expecting big things from a works team and the first year was pretty shit. The fact that he has gambled on a sideways switch to a Mclaren team who are still a bit of an unknown speaks volumes too. I wouldn't be so sure that going to Mclaren was more of a payday than Renault for him.

That team haven't been very good since Renault took it back over. I think they had maybe one decent season as best of the rest and they've slumped backwards since. Maybe they'll suddenly perk up when the new regs come in in 2022, but we've not really seen them making great steps with the car or engines for years. There's a whiff of Toyota about the whole thing.

Nick likes this.
  17. MrCon

Crazy conditions in quali. Everyone putting in a good showing, apart from Grojean, who is hiding in his garage.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What was the story with Grosjean?

Looking at the leaderboard and seeing the Ferrari’s split by a Williams is insane.

MrCon likes this.
  19. MrCon

This has been one of the best qualis I've seen in a while. Not sure what Grosjean did. He seemed to have a tiny off, right at the start of Q1 and never came back out.

Gasly is looking quietly good again this weekend. No idea what Red Bull did to him.

Ocon and Norris looking good too. This is fun.

Nick likes this.
  20. MrCon

That's a disgusting lap from Hamilton. 1.2 seconds faster than anyone.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hamilton is unfair. What a fucking lap.

What about Ocon though, great performance from him. He seemed to get better and better as the Quali was going on.

MrCon likes this.
  22. Joe4th

That was such a fun qualifying. Hamilton is so damn good. Max would’ve been close at the end before he lost it in the last turn

Ferrari is a disaster

MrCon likes this.
  23. MrCon

The pundits checked it over after and reckoned Max would have still been about 0.6 down. Hamilton really brought his A game.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Vettel out after 3 corners. Leclerc took him out with a dive bomb.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Leclerc retires on lap 5. What a fucking idiot.