Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 23

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Vips will probably get that. I'd say he'll be a reserve driver this year and go to another series next year. Shame, he was fairly unlucky. Exact same situation as Gasly, but Gasly was so good they couldn't remove him from AT. Potential though that Tsunoda is really good and they drop Perez for him next year though and Gasly moves to Alpine. That would be peak RB.

2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

My guess is that Gasly will sod the whole Red Bull system off and head to Alpine. Probably a bit dependent on how Ocon/Alonso works out.

The driver market could be a bit wild depending what happens with both Merc seats and how Vettel goes at Aston.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Very sad for Alex, feels like Red Bull has really ruined his career. He won't be the last for sure.

Nick likes this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s mad thinking back to the crash in Austria. What would we be saying if that didn’t happen. Albon could have gotten a huge amount of confidence from that result.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

oh wow

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Alonso team leader 2022. Won't happen but would be funny.

7. MrCon

Pretty surprised to see that. I thought Renault made some pretty good steps this year, even if the overall result wasn't better. I wonder if they had a target of finishing third or something. I don't imagine Mclaren beating them with their own engines and no "star" driver was viewed kindly. Maybe a bit of a snapping point?

8. Joe4th

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Oof, hope it’s not serious

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Who is their test driver?

12. MrCon

Looks like they haven't announced their test drivers. I'm guessing they'd pull someone up from the Renault young driver program?

Newer reports are suggesting it's just a jaw injury and he won't miss much testing and will be ready for the first race. Sounds like he might miss the first round of testing though.

13. Platy

Sam

[​IMG]

MrCon and Nick like this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Gotta say I’m a bit disappointed in all the liveries so far for this season. Somehow Merc managed to make the best looking car of last season look awful.

15. Joe4th

I love Alpine's and Aston Martin's

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

AM’s is just a bit boring. I want to see it in real lighting. It looks even closer to last years Merc than last years RP did haha.

Alpine is nice, but I miss the Renault yellow.

17. MrCon

I'm in the boring boat too. Too many of the cars so far have painted the lower third black and it looks kind of crap. The Alpine would look great if they had that blue all over, instead of the blacked out lower portion.

The Aston just looks bland. Looks like the old Jaguar livery. Not a patch on the mad colours that Force India and Racing Point have had in recent years.

Think the Merc looks kind of a mess with AMG just stamped all over the back end.

Nick likes this.
  18. MrCon

Think the Alfa so far might be my favourite, but it's hardly anything special.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Even the Alfa, they just flipped last seasons.

20. MrCon

The Haas looks about as bad as I expect it to perform.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

well, that's one way to get around the fact Mazepin can't race under the Russian flag.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The Aston Martin looks better on the track than in the announce photos. Still not a fan of the Alpine. I love the blue colour but the rest is not great and I miss the yellow.

Williams livery leaked and its eh not great. Bringing back some yellow at least.

23. MrCon

The wording of that ruling is so strange. You're not allowed to have the flag or any national symbols, but the colours themselves aren't a problem. At what point does it stop being a splash of colour and become a flag?? :crylaugh:

24. MrCon

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Ferrari livery leaked because of a shitty website too hahah.

The Mission Winnow logo is green...