Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 21

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This has gone from amazing to horrible to watch in the space of a lap.

2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Max is somewhere, punching holes in walls.

3. MrCon

Please let Perez win now. I can't take any more

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Imagine Russell gets 10th and then a penalty. Fucking hell.

5. MrCon

A penalty for the driver would be bullshit. It's not a driver error and surely the additional pit stop and the other car having ruined tyres is the punishment.

Nick likes this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hopefully he doesn’t. Glad he got points on the board. Weight off his shoulders even if it’s going to be a horrible feeling that he had the race won if that pit stop didn’t happen.

7. MrCon

Gutted about Russell, so happy with Perez. What a drive.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Lost in the shuffle a bit but I’m pretty sure Albon was hurt by a badly timed pit stop there. Sainz too I think?

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit. Gutted for Russell, but super happy for all three drivers who made that podium.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, both of them got absolutely fucked, Sainz deserved a podium, but that’s just how it is sometimes I guess.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Russell was much better at starts today, both from a standing start and after the safety car. Obviously he was in a much better car than the Williams, but it’s interesting given that Latifi is better at starts in the Williams than him this season.

Both would have been ahead of Ocon right? Shows the tiny margins in such a short circuit.

12. MrCon

I'm not sure about Albon. Was he ever all that high up? I thought the mess of pit stops at the end gained him some positions.

13. MrCon

Sainz just did an interview with Sky. The one stop cars got some luck with that SC. That's how Ocon and Stroll stayed in front of him.

I think Sainz was also unlucky to be stuck in behind Bottas with those re-fitted, used tyres.

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Happy for Perez, absolutely gutted for Russell. If Hamilton is out again next week I hope he gets another chance

truly is a shame that Perez still doesn’t have a seat next season

MrCon likes this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Russell is being investigated for having Bottas’ tyres on for one lap. Could be a DSQ

16. MrCon

Stroll sounds so pissy in his interviews. The excuses for how he didn't win as well are weirdly rehearsed and repeated by the team too.

"Sergio found something under the safety car."

No Lance, Sergio found an apex where you went off to the cut the grass.

Nick likes this.
  17. MrCon Dec 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2020)
    MrCon

George's interview is a hard watch. He's such a tough little sod normally, but he looks battered by that one.

He took fastest lap too. So long as this tyre rubbish doesn't come to anything, he'll get another point.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I know people have turned around on him and RP this season, but I really don’t like him. He’s a good enough driver and has some awful bad luck, but he just rubs me the wrong way every time I hear him post race

Joe4th and MrCon like this.
  19. MrCon

Same for me. I'm not in the camp of him being a joke driver or anything, but I hate the way he talks about races and his attitude in interviews. The more I see if him, the less I like.

The team also have a very stage managed attitude when talking about his performances, more so than any other team/driver combo.

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Wild race, wild season, heartbroken for Russell. Kinda feel bad for hoping Hamilton is out again next week.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t mind Stroll tbf, he’s got that rich kid air about him for sure but how often do you actually see a driver just be like “yeah well my team mate was just better”. They have to kind of finesse an excuse, because admitting there was no reason would be suicide.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Sainz would have been leading, and Albon would have been fourth I think. But they both recovered well so at least there is that.

Nick likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Russell keeps his points and Merc fined 20k

24. MrCon

Mazepin is hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Wow wtf