Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 15

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fucking hell. Russell gets the best chance for points yet and completely fucks it.

MrCon likes this.
  2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Oh George, what have you done.

"I don't know what to say."

Start with 'sorry', I would suggest.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’m actually devastated.

MrCon likes this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Stroll just destroyed that man :crylaugh:

5. MrCon

Stroll just ran a pit member over. Clown.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Russell will never get a point for Williams, I’m convinced of it.

7. MrCon

Albon doing his best Seb impression.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Awful race from my POV. Happy for Ricciardo though.

Holy fuck though Ferrari are amateurs. Fucked over Seb there.

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Man, I don’t know why RB didn’t pit Alex. Would have lost basically no places and still been behind Charles and Danny Ric with warm soft tyres where he could attack and get a podium. They left him out on old, cold heads and he gets swamped and makes a mistake. Gutted for him but hope he gets a second chance at AT next year.

The Russell moment was devestating though. Feel so bad for him. He might have gotten FOUR points too.

MrCon and Nick like this.
  10. MrCon

Think it's going slightly underplayed how much Stroll's form has gone off a cliff. Since his Italian podium, he's had 3 retirements, one weekend shitting his pants and then a complete dog of a drive to 13th today.

Perez has finished between 4th and 7th in those races.

Nick likes this.
  11. Platy

Sam

2 of those retirements were through no fault of this own though. Car/Tyre failure in Mugello, and LeClerc taking him out on the first lap in Russia (no idea how LeClerc didn't get penalised for that though).

Definitely a drop in form though, but neither Racing Point made it into Q3 yesterday which was a big surprise for me. Shows how close the midfield is this year.

MrCon and SamLevi11 like this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Stroll has been good this year until recently. Even his tyre faliure in Mugello he was competing with Ricciardo and Albon for the podium

MrCon likes this.
  13. MrCon

Was that not the race where he was only so far up because he managed to luck into doing his only "pit stop" under the red flag? Or was that his actual podium in Monza?

Anyway, wasn't really meant to be a comment on him overall, just that he's really out of sorts.

The racing point seems very strange in qualifying. Seems to have decent race pace every circuit, but their qualifying is so inconsistent.

14. Platy

Sam

Turkey qualifying has been stopped because it's raining so much. The track has no grip, it's great watching these drivers struggle to drive.

MrCon likes this.
  15. MrCon

Stroll takes pole with Lewis down in 6th. Clearly he's heard me talking shit about him.

Unfortunately, I can't see Stroll holding Max off for the win tomorrow. I guess it's going to be a very unpredictable race with this weird surface though. I really would like to see an RP win for Stroll or Perez.

Nick likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think a Red Bull double podium is a real possibility. Hoping so anyway.

17. MrCon

Sellout :-p

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just prefer them Mercedes and would like to see Alex get a good result. Plus they look pretty fast and comparable to Mercedes here.

Nick likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I wish qualifying was always that unpredictable

20. MrCon

Wet conditions to start might well suit Stroll. Sadly, I just can't see him handling Max behind him.

21. MrCon

What is happening...

22. MrCon

Vettel took 8 places in one lap. Is he trying to prove he deserves that Aston Martin seat by beating them?

23. MrCon

I've changed my mind. He's holding up Max. He's a sleeper agent!

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

How is Latifi so far back?

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Latifi has been lapped by lap 9, did he spin on the first lap? I didn’t see if so.