Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motorsports (NASCAR, F1, etc) Discussion Thread • Page 14

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by MrCon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Platy

Sam

MrCon likes this.
  2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

That's a potential disaster for the sport. I don't think Merc will supply them, as they tend to only ever supply a limited number of teams, they won't want a Ferrari engine and Renault might well tell them to shove it up their arses.

Also, pretty terrible call from Honda. Once again, they're going to leave on the eve of major regulation changes. Their power unit has really come on now and is decently competitive. Seems crazy to leave now after going through all that pain with Mclaren.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Honda are such a joke. Just doing what they did before, abandoning their team and potentially doing real damage to the sport in the short term.

Hope we get another manufacturer in. I’ve always wondered why the Audi group aren’t involved tbh.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also Yuki Tsunoda is in real trouble now of not getting a seat.

5. MrCon

I think they (along with some others) have thrown their money at developing the power trains for Formula E.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

One thing I have seen mooted is what I did for my My Team mode on this years game.

If Red Bull have to go with a Renault engine, I’ve seen people say they could rebadge it as Nissan/Infiniti (who are part of the Renault Nissan alliance group). Partially because RB used to be a Nissan Infiniti partnership, when I worked there Vettel even visited us with his Drivers Championship trophy.

Would give RB a good engine, and Renault the money, whilst saving both teams a little face.

7. MrCon Oct 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2020)
    MrCon

Everyone knows that the engine development is from Renault Sport (or will they be Alpine now?) though. They can wrap it up however they like (they badged them Tag Heuer last time), it will look like Red Bull going back with their tail between their legs. I wonder if there's any possibility that the Honda engine development could be sold to a third party?

8. MrCon

A friend of mine just pointed out a rule I'd forgotten. If a team needs an engine supplier and can't sign a deal, the manufacturer supplying the fewest cars has to offer their engines.

That would be Renault. :crylaugh:

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lmao I’m sure that relationship will go swimmingly
    Poor max

10. Platy

Sam

Hulk is back! Again.

Stroll not fit to drive.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

.... and he's last lol.

Think the front three will be very close, and then the battle between the rest of the top 10 is going to be really good. Albon looks good around here, Leclerc looks to be enjoying the colder track temps, whilst the McLaren's look really good with the new upgrades.

Throw in some rain and it could be a good one,

12. MrCon

He's in for a hell of a day, trying to learn how the car works, during the race...

13. MrCon

Albon looked really poor today. Drive of a man who might well be in trouble.

Cyril is getting a tattoo!

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

well that was painful.

15. Platy

Sam

Pleased for Ric, delighted for Hulk. Vettel with another disappointing performance.

MrCon likes this.
  16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The dip right after the start looks absolutely massive.

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What an opening lap this is.

holy shit Raikonnen overtaking Leclerc

hahahah Sainz in first!

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Aw back to normality.

19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Watching Sainz legitimately leading for those first few laps was wild!

Congrats to Hamilton! As much as I’d like to see more variety upfront, it is cool to watch arguably the GOAT in his prime.

20. MrCon

It is kind of strange to be watching history being made with the way Hamilton is smashing records left right and centre.

Anyone seen the clip of Kimi's first lap that F1 put up on Youtube? Was like watching Mario Kart. Incredible stuff.

Nick likes this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Perez will be confirmed at Red Bull and Albon will return to Alpha Tauri.

Honestly, think it's a great move to do this, then give Yuki a second year in F2. He can then replace Gasly when he inevitably moves to Renault/Alpine in 2022.

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Seems Hulkenberg might not have a seat then. Gio, and Kimi staying at Alfa for some reason. Mazepin and Schumacher at Haas? Would be mental by Haas, if true.

Russell out too would be so disappointing. He’s got so much potential I feel a year out could derail him.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I would rather see Hulk at Red Bull and Perez at Williams tbh. Wonder if it's just Perez' camp leaking rumours to pressure Williams.

Nick likes this.
  24. MrCon

Super strong qualifying by Gasly yesterday. That's another headache for Red Bull.

25. MrCon

Well I obviously jinxed that one. They've retired Gasly on lap 9. ☹️