Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 93

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I don't think that's fully the deal. Justin has gone on record and said he didn't feel that Go's songs had good energy for shows and such. I don't think he enjoyed playing them live. And then Panic Stations wasn't with Tony so when they did the reunion tour it makes a lot of sense after a breakup to kind of leave that one be and do their greatest hits. Panic Stations also just not very solid to be honest. There are amazing songs on it, but wasn't consistent by any means.

They played a couple songs from My Dinosaur Life when I saw them at the reunion. I was pumped.

I think things go in waves and sometimes people don't like the ways bands evolve or just don't really like something until years later. Saves The Day is a great example of this because I remember a lot of people hating In Reverie when it came out and now it's something that always comes up in when I see people talking about their best records.

If they ever do new music, which I think is unlikely, hopefully people will be more receptive to it, especially after such a long time.

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Also, side note, it is cool that Josh has been producing some of Justin's solo stuff and that Tony played drums for Justin's upcoming record.

They clearly still like working together, it's just life changes, you know?

elphshelf, .K. and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

in retrospect it's absolutely INSANE that they had Hoppus, Trombino and Lord-Alge all involved in the album. Helps explain why it has always sounded so crisp and perfect

4. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I’m largely in this boat. Adore IATM and CTTM. Kills and dinosaur have their moments. I don’t hate the rest. Just seemed kinda meh.

.K. likes this.
  5. Hold Me Down still makes me weep

CTTM is a top tier MCS album

Even If It Kills Me is personally my favorite and Panic Stations is so fucking great - I highly recommend giving that a spin sometime this week - I feel in retrospect many fans will realize how great of a final album it was.

6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I still feel like we’ll get more music from them at some point. I gave Panic Stations another listen after basically forgetting about it since it came out, and I gotta say it’s a banger. The biggest change on it for I feel is how more direct the album is compared to their other albums.

Petit nain des Îles and Owlex like this.
  7. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

That’s a bit too high of praise for me, but I do think Panic Stations has a handful of really great songs that are overlooked. I Can Feel You and Days are essential MCS for me

8. the closer on Panic Stations is a S-tier MCS track

9. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Getting into this band, I always knew the main singles from Commit, but didn’t really give their Discog a try until Go came out. What a killer summer that was. Go was the soundtrack for that summer and then I dove into their back catalog. My Dino life is probably my favorite and when Panic came out I enjoyed it a lot because I treated it as their “farewell” album. Never really like IATM but I think that shows what a great band they are with everyone liking different albums/songs.

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This is such a great post. Wholesome AF.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Cover of "A Dip In the Ocean" by Fountains of Wayne on this Adam Schlesinger tribute album. All proceeds go to the MusiCares' COVID-19 Relief Fund.

12. irthesteve

love it

KidLightning likes this.
  13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Oh it’s a cover... all makes sense now.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Weren’t there pictures of them recording in a studio that they posted before Adam Schlesinger died? Was that for something else?

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I do not know.

I saw pictures of Justin and Tony recording Justin's new album, but that's about it.

Also, the cover song they did for Adam is so good. It's such a sad reason to get a new song from them. Rest in peace, Adam.

16. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Ed Ackerson tribute.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  17. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Jammin to Go right now and I really think Boxelder is a very underrated song

joe.boy.fresh., SpyKi, .K. and 3 others like this.
  19. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

Boxelder is still easily one of my favorites from that record. It was so cool to hear them play it a handful of times when they were touring for Go.

Time to listen to Go now, I think, and remember why they're my favorite band

20. irthesteve

Boxelder is maybe my least favorite song from the band overall, lol

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

[​IMG]

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. irthesteve

heyyy box elder... do do do do

blagh

waking season likes this.
  23. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Go is a weird album where Justin got really sad and wrote songs about death and it's just a bummer to listen to. The first 4 songs are fine but after that eh

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

What a weird take.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  25. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Have you read the lyrics lately?

As for the take...Justin seems to agree :teethsmile: