Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 80

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

No, not the Aragon, but they could do the Riviera I think. Idk maybe I’m way overestimating, but the last show at the Metro was hard to get tickets to and when the original batch at the Double Door were next to impossible. But I mean I guess Metro is the safe “immediate” sell out, so who knows.

2. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

They pretty much stopped playing at First Ave after they cancelled the 2nd Popsickle. After that it was always Varsity (usually for multiple nights) except the Wonder Years co-headline.

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Very mad at myself for never seeing them. I HAD tickets to go to their last show in MA but I remember something came up and I had to skip it.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw them like 30 times and still feel like I took them for granted and didn’t go often enough.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Finally got my vinyl repress of My Dinosaur Life. I have the 7" box set, but don't play it often due to being a 7"box set hah. Looking forward to spinning it.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  6. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I have that too and I'm waiting for the LP to show up

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m the top poster in this thread so that means when they announce this show if any of you get tickets and I don’t, you are required to forfeit (at least) one of your tickets to me. I do make the rules.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I was made a “top fan” on FB today so I guess that means I have to enforce that rule over there...

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK LETS
    GOOOOO!!!!

EC9302A8-D938-495A-A8E9-AE70F5F9E352.jpeg F213C43E-F92A-4E13-94AE-A72765709266.jpeg 6189143A-ACFB-4370-B983-1E358AC0C6BF.jpeg

10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

January 6th in Boston yes yes yes!

11. Ho-ho-ho-ly shit

I'm bummed it's not coming to Utah though!

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Michigan, bless

russvanderhoof likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Neeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!

14. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

HOLY SHIT

15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have regretted not going to their last show in Boston FOR YEARS. This is incredible. I am so pumped. Yes!!!!!!!!

quietwords likes this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Orlando, fuck yes!

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Why do bands even break up anymore?

I mean, just say you’re collectively stepping away from MCS and not certain of any future recording or touring plans at this time.

I hope the tour goes well. I hope they feel inspired to record something together again. Hope Justin keeps doing solo albums and tours too.

18. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Didn't expect a tour at all. Maybe a one off show. So I'm thrilled, especially for an ATL date. Doesn't even seem like that long ago they were on their final tour. No complaints from me. I love it when my favorite bands keep doing their thing and are happy to be doing it.

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Does anyone have a clue about those artist presales? I’m still on the mailing list but I have no idea where to be checking for a code.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It was always called a hiatus. Never said they were breaking up.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That is basically exactly what they said... they always left it open for a comeback

Edit: oops I was beaten to it but yes

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

To be fair, their Riot Fest performance in 2016 was billed as "FINAL SHOW," only to be replaced by another show billed as "LAST SHOW EVER"

I'm happy they're back, no matter how briefly.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Years ago they played the bottom Lounge Omni NYE playing IATM in full, but it was 21+ and I couldn’t go. I’m so happy to finally ring in the New Year with MCS

24. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Hooray!!!!!!

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That last show will always be special just for the Un-f*#%ing-believable setlist