Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 79

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. My spidey sense tells me it'll be more than one show

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. Your spidey senses better not let us down

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hoping for Minneapolis! Well really Chicago but Minneapolis is easy enough to travel to

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

And it seems doubtful that they’d do Chicago again

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Give me Richmond for the other hometown, I’d die from the convenience.

6. CAC3

Dog

Rooting for Philly/NJ/NYC. I'd especially love a reworked version of CTTM though. What would 'Time Turned Fragile' sound like?!?!?

Bryan Diem likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. Chicago, if I had to guess.

9. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

It’s gonna be Chicago since they rarely do this sort of thing in Minneapolis.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just feel like with playing their “final” show in Chicago they’ll give the hometown a nod this time, but who knows. I just hope it’s a big enough venue to accommodate everyone cus I’m already dreading trying to get tickets.

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Guess I’m gonna start saving for a trip. Sucks because flying around the holidays is expensive, I almost wish this was on a random day.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed. I really hope it can hold thousands.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If it’s Chicago I honestly think they could pull of Aragon, but if they do smaller than the Riv I’d be upset. But also they could do like what Ludo did and do 2 nights

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  14. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

If it’s in MN, it should be at the myth

15. Hah, why there? Minneapolis plz

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Obviously I’m listening to them today and it’s literally the perfect Go day. I’m vibing

17. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Where in Minneapolis would be big enough? I feel like the Armoury is too big and First Ave is too small.

18. The farewell shows were at Varsity and I'm not sure they would pull larger crowds than they did a few years back

19. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

They sold that out 4 nights in a row. Varsity is way too small.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

And the final farewell show was so hard to get tickets to, even with them also playing Riot Fest proper. I think a 2,000 cap venue would sell out instantly

21. They never really played The Myth even before they broke up though, right? It was always First Ave or similar to my memory

22. I'm not surprised that farewell shows sold out though, you knew it was the last chance (then) to see them

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If this is billed as the only reunion for the foreseeable future it will sell just as quickly if not more so than the last one. Even if they say there will be more right off the bat this would still sell out their normal size venue instantly.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

For context, Ludo played reunion shows in St Louis and instantly sold out both shows at the Pageant which were on the same night. That’s a 3,500 person venue iirc and it had been longer since they played, but still.. And on NYE nobody works the next day so it’s very easy for people (i.e. me) to make the trip.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  25. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

My bet is that it's Chicago, either the Metro or the Bottom Lounge. No way they could do the Aragon.