Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 78

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Favorite Motion City record easily. Bonus tracks and all. The artwork and the presentation on the 7" vinyl box set makes it one of my favorite pieces in my collection. I'm still ordering the repress so I can listen to it without having to flip it every couple tracks, plus SRC usually does solid work on their reissues - I just avoid ordering from their site directly.

2. Revisiting their discography, and realizing that Even If It Kills Me is my favorite. It's a bit of a departure, but I think they nailed their softer side the most on that record.

Fox83, SpyKi and Joe4th like this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

MDL vinyl came a bit early. Looks insanely great, and I can hear the bass drum much clearer. Might buy a second copy just to frame oh god

KidLightning likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What do we think team? Should I order the green or the pink?

KidLightning likes this.
  5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

One of each!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Lol I can't be THAT wreckless, I already don't need to be buying a third version of this LP

KidLightning likes this.
  7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i ordered mine from target which I assume will be green. goes w the art more.

KidLightning likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I was just talking to him the other day about b sides lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. The Midway

Damn I miss this band

wisdomfordebris and Kuri44 like this.
  13. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

14. :)

15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I imagine it’s holiday shows. I’d so love a proper reunion though. Shows will likely not reach the UK, sadly.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  16. quietwords

Website has been password protected as well.

I NEED MORE INFO IMMEDIATELY

17. quietwords

That's my guess. One show. But whereeeee

18. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I think it’s going to be holiday shows as well as an alternate version of CTTM. When Panic Stations came out they said they had recorded an alternate version of “one of their older albums” and that it would also be coming out soon but it never did. The version of Together We’ll Ring In the New Year in that video makes me think that’s what it is.

beachdude, Bryan Diem, CAC3 and 4 others like this.
  19. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

WHY MUST THEY DO THIS TO MY HEART

20. Even if it's just a NYE show nowhere close to me, this still makes me very happy. And if we get an alternate version of CTTM out of it too, then wam bam thank you ma'am!

CAC3 likes this.
  21. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Outstanding.~

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

After flying out for the final show I’ll gladly fly out again. One of my favorite shows ever and I’d do anything to have an experience that comes even close.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreeeeeed! I think about that show all the time.

I absolutely lost it when I got that email. FB gave me a notification earlier in the week that they had updated their profile picture, but it seemed to be a glitch like has happened before. I was so disappointed but now my excitement is immeasurable. I’m really hoping it’s a NYE show leading into more shows/music, but I’ll do my best to go no matter what. As long as it isn’t in like CA or something I should be able to make the trip. Reaaaaaalllllly hope more info comes soon.

24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I’ll take whatever they want to give me. Also, IMO, In The Drink is at least as good as the last two MCS records. Probably better.

beachdude and popdisaster00 like this.