Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 76

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think they're a great year round band. Each album has a different kind of pull to it.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

To be fair I think fall was when I first really got into them too so that may be it for me too. I mean I think they fit all seasons, but I especially enjoy them when it's a little chillier out.

3. mationation

I think God's a painter

one day when I was eleven my friend showed me "Dark Blue" and "The Future Freaks Me Out" and my life was forever changed. he would later invite me over to get beaten up on his trampoline but I'm still thankful for the songs

Kuri44 likes this.
  4. Go is such a great fall record.

.K. and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Go just be hittin different in the fall

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

7. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Lmao that’s exactly what I thought when I read the interview. I had just listened to two podcasts with him and I knew he could never be that concise. That’s his charm, his words are meant to be written

Kuri44 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Even If It Kills Me always hits home for me this time of year/over the holidays.

In the Spring its My Dinosaur Life.

RedDotRecording likes this.
  9. Fox83

Trusted

Tony Thaxton's YouTube channel is full of videos like this, and no one is really watching them, which of course is a shame...

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

they're repressing My Dinosaur Life on vinyl, should be shipping in April, from SRC

MegT585 and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

was this just announced or is there a link?

12. Fox83

Trusted

Adding just one more Thaxton video (Broken Heart) since it's one of my favorites by him. The guy just has a melodic way about his drumming. I love it. Obviously, you can click through to his channel to see more MCS stuff he's performed.

Turkeylegz and JoshShulkin like this.
  13. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Love Tony’s drumming, definitely gonna check those out. Thanks for sharing!

Fox83 likes this.
  14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

15. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I would be so excited for My Dinosaur Life to be repressed. it's the only one I don't have!

also, anyone know if that live stream of their final show was ripped by anyone. I missed it and would love to watch it.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

They are repressing it.

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

airik625 likes this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I already shelled out on discogs a year or two ago, but that’s cool. If they do anything different (variant or bonus track or something) I’d grab it again.

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

SRC always does goofy colors to maximize profit soooo

mattfreaksmeout and Joe4th like this.
  20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Wtf, I didn’t know MDL was also produced by Hoppus. I guess I didn’t care as much about production credits back then despite loving his work on CTTM

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

so happy my MCS collection can finally be complete haha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. This and Even If It Kills Me are the 2 MCS albums I know the least, I think. I had to look at the track list for this to even know what songs are on it, and I could only recall 2 or 3 of them after that... It's been awhile since I busted out some MCS. I need to change that, apparently.

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Even If It Kills Me is right up there at the top for me, so definitely give it a re-listen!

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. My Dinosaur Life is definitely my favorite album by these guys. Might have to grab the vinyl real quick!