Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 75

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yasss I love this. So glad this is finally coming. Sounds like MCS but with the 90s rock vibe that he said it would have. October is a great release month too. I always especially love Justin’s voice in the fall.

Aaron Mook and popdisaster00 like this.
  2. popdisaster00 likes this.
  3. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yessssssssssssssss

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Join us in the thread for this album.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Song is great, excited for more

popdisaster00 likes this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m always pleased to hear when guys like Justin or Brian Fallon have their new projects show some reflection on the band they were in before.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Just listened to "The Worst Is Yet To Come" as it popped up on shuffle. Forgot what a good track that is.

SpyKi and SamLevi11 like this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to Go today. Really good record. I still don’t get the initial “WTF” from some fans.

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I do. Some of it's just the songs seem pretty subdued in comparison to their other stuff. I still really enjoy the album, but I see where people are coming from.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Go is an album I have learned to appreciate more as time goes on. I'd still put it as their fifth best but it's a good album.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They had released subdued songs before like The Conversation. Wasn’t something new. I still really like it.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

A whole album of it is different though. People will accept the odd song here and there but a full album always sets off alarm bells for some people.

13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I had no idea Max Bemis was on Hello Helicopter

Aaron Mook and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s not a full album of songs like that though. There are plenty of quirky or MCS styled songs on there.

I’d say Boxelder is a little different vocally, Everyone Will Die is more acoustic than usual and dark, and Happy Anniversary also is a little dark, but soul cleansing. Everything else seems at home in their discorgraphy, and the 3 songs I mentioned are so good.

Hold Me Down has different feel than most MCS songs, and it’s one of my favs too.

FTank likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not of that opinion myself, simply saying why I think people may have been turned off by it initially. I also think they chose a bad lead single. Something more upbeat should have been chosen such as Circuits and Wires or Floating Down The River.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d agree. Timeless was a good choice for a second single, but True Romance is the one song on this album that I’m meh on.

I think these opinions get latched onto and become assumed as widely excepted. Sometimes it’s a reviewer or vocal frequent poster.

I will say it took a long while for Go to get released, so many that skewed people’s expectations.

17. I love Go. Great outlier in their discography and a perfect Fall listen

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

I haven't listened to Go is such a long time. Spinning now.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The good songs still feel fresh.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Bumping this thread for no reason other than that we are entering prime MCS listening weather and I can feel another round of obsession coming on. This is truly my very favorite band and I don't ever see that changing. No one else can make me feel the way they do. If I could only pick one band to listen to the rest of my life, there would be no hesitation whatsoever that I'd pick this one.

I've probably made nearly identical posts like 16 times in this thread but I won't apologize.

21. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Y’all heard that future freaks song

22. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Don’t worry about bumping this man.

Everything is Alright :)

inwaves likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure how I feel about either of these posts.

24. SEMUSIC

For some reason prime MCS listening season for me is summer, probably cause that's when I got into them and I got into them WAY later than I should have.