Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 73

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

What do you know and how

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Telepathy apparently since I can't find an update since his Tumblr post about new Farewell Continental.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

He was shooting a music video recently, I'm hoping that was for his music and not for something else. Either way I hope we hear something soon, it's been ages since he's said anything about it.

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I saw that. I guess it makes sense that it would be his album since MCS was on good terms with Epitaph Records, but for some reason it strikes me as odd that he just wouldn't tell us it's his music video instead of just calling it "Epitaph Music Video". Maybe it's a new project? Anyone good on Epitaph right now?

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Alkaline Trio, Every Time I Die, Joyce Manor, The Menzingers, Pianos Become The Teeth, Remo Drive, Saosin, Touche Amore.

They still have a ton of good bands :)

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Hmm. I don't really see him doing a video for any of those. I guess maybe it is for his solo album.

7. I don’t wanna take the fun out of the eventual press release. It’s coming soon.

(It’s not MCS)

8. ^^

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Well, I think we all knew it wasn't MCS haha

popdisaster00 likes this.
  10. Lucyford7

BrynneC.

Sounds good to me. He has a distinct voice and great to have Justin back.

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

12. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

13. Vase Full Of Rocks Jul 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2018)
    Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Tony just posted a video of him doing a drum video to "Attractive Today" and it really makes me miss the band.

Fox83 likes this.
  14. Fox83

Trusted

He's easily one of my favorite drummers. I love how creative he gets with his drum riffs. For me, at least, his "voice" was really memorable in so many of their songs. I was crushed when he parted ways with MCS. I hope he lands a really good project in the near future, assuming he wants to.

ramomcferno and SamLevi11 like this.
  15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

He's in a few projects right now. He plays drums for his wife's band Tiny Stills who just released an album a few weeks back and then he also plays drums for Don't Stop Or We'll Die for some live shows.

P.S. Tiny Stills sounds a lot like a female led MCS in a lot of ways haha.

Aaron Mook and Fox83 like this.
  16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Feels like forever that we've been waiting on Justin's solo album.

17. Real soon.

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Was bummed to hear Farewell Continental has pushed back their new album again.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Friendly reminder that Days Will Run Away is one of their best songs.

20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I agree with that statement. I think Panic Stations is by far their weakest album, but Anything At All, I Can Feel You and definitely Days Will Run Away are really solid.

FTank, Bryan Diem and Kuri44 like this.
  21. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Go is definitely their weakest (with Panic stations right behind it)

22. Go rules. Panic Stations is like CTTM-lite but I'm not mad at it

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Go is great, Panic Stations is like MCS without the great songwriting for the most part. There's only like 4/5 worthwhile songs on the album and some really bad stuff.

I think their first three are significantly better than their last three though, especially CTTM and EIIKM.

24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

sweet spot was CTTM - MDL, then again I didn't listen to Go or PS until last year and haven't spent a lot of time with them so I'm biased

25. lol this debate again