Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Listen to Reconstruction Site too

3. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

And Reunion Tour!

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Anyone else listening to Tony's newest project? They just came out with a new album today.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Without putting a number on I’d say it’s a really good song, and a great overall example of what this band is. The “I’m not alone, I’m just lonely all of the time” is so catchy, but actuality so sad.

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't put it anywhere near the top, but I do think it's a good song. Last Night and Indoor Living are my top 2 probably.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds like a female fronted mcs

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That's literally what I thought haha

9. I love the last Tiny Stills album but I had no idea Tony was in the band now. That’s awesome.

10. sammyboy516 Jun 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2018)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yes! Also, “Without the sentence structure, nothing functions, no one has a clue if it’s me or if it’s you. Was it me or was it you?” is one of my favorite MCS lyrics.

mattfreaksmeout and Bryan Diem like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t know this was a thing, Thanks!

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Everything Is Fine has become one of my favorite songs of thiers, it shouldve been on PS.

Bottom Feeder is my favorite b-side of thiers, i like that little bit of aggression and that bridge is so good. i get why it wasnt on Go because its so heavy and aggressive musically but its a shame that so many probably missed out on it

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Think Justin said on a podcast he regretted not putting the four B sides on the album regardless of if they "fit", because he just preferred them as songs to most of Go.

CoffeeEyes17 and Bryan Diem like this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Go is a weird album and Justin has a lot of regrets about it apparently. He doesn't hate it from what I remember, just has a lot of changes he'd make. I remember him saying he wanted Floating Down The River to be the opener but was outvoted by the band haha.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That's the best song on the album imo so I'd have been up for that.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That's funny because that's one of my least favorite MCS songs ever.

17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Floating Down The River is a good closer for them. They usually end an album right and start it with something high energy which I like.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That honestly surprises me. Out of pure interest, what don't you like about it?

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I definitely think it should have opened, Circuits and Wires should have been cut, and 2/3 of the bsides should have found their way on.

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Floating Down the River makes way more sense as a closer than an opener and I don't think the bsides from Go are that great.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'd get rid of Son of a Gun and Coma Kid and add in the bonus tracks. I'm also not huge on Happy Anniversary but I think the idea behind the song is nice. Even if you did this though, it would still be their fifth best album, a long way off the first four.

22. CAC3

Dog

If we are discussing MCS B-sides, their cover of Limbeck's 'The Sun Woke the Whole State' is one of my favorite Motion City Soundtrack recordings ever. It really is so good and introduced me to Limbeck.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

We’re on completely the same page here

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm glad he was outvoted.

Wow. There's a hot take if I ever saw one. I disagreed with legitimately everything you said.

Thank God for sanity.

P. S. I find it really funny that Tony didn't think much of Her Words Destroyed My Planet and then the band chose it as a single. Also one of my favorites singles from them. The music video is aces.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just never liked Son of a Gun musically, it bores me. Coma Kid always felt a little phoned in to me and I just don't remember Happy Anniversary, and if I don't remember a song of a band I have tattooed all over on arm, it must not have done much for me haha!

Says a lot about this band though that everyone can have different songs they really enjoy, and even the songs people aren't keen on from the first five albums tend to not be "bad" songs.