Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Motion City Soundtrack Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I picked up my ticket for Philly today.

I have a ticket for Philly and I am seriously considering going to Starland too.

2. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Just grabbed tickets to the Irving Plaza and Starland shows. So sad they're hanging it up, but I'm so excited for these last shows.

3. Deathco_019

Drummer

Haven't listened to this band in quite a while, but I should probably get around to that in light of recent events. I've always thought they had a really solid discography. Go hasn't held up for me nearly as well over time, I think it's just an alright album. Never listened to Panic Stations.

CTTM > EIIKM > IATM > MDL > Go

Might try making it out to the Philly date.

4. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

For me its CTTM > IATM > EIIKM > MDL > Go = PS

5. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Got my tickets. Strange that my first time seeing Motion City Soundtrack will presumably be the last.

6. Got my tickets for the Boston date. It'll be my sixth time seeing them, always a treat.

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

on a semi related note, ticketmaster is such a goddamn scam. i'm gonna pay an additional 60% of my ticket price just for you to give me a general admission ticket?

popdisaster00 likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I can always count on you to root for Go. I remember you LOVED that album right when it came out. I think you said it might knock Wrecking Ball out of your AOTY spot that year (though I don't think it did).

Panic Stations definitely came out at the busiest time for music last year, haha. I think I had like six new albums to listen through the day it started streaming and just never ended up giving it enough time.

Also, I think IATM is easily their worst, but I know I'm in the minority on that.

Haha, yep. "Timelines" especially.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

It didn't but it was damn close

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. A tribute compilation to MCS:

hallowblue likes this.
  11. Hmm...
    MDL>CTTM>Go>EIIKM>PS>IATM
    I've only been listening to MCS for about a month or two but I think that's generally the way I would rank the albums. I listen to Go a lot but MDL is probably my favorite, I love "Pulp Fiction" so much

12. I agree. I like IATM but I definitely think its their worst.

13. hallowblue

There's a monster under all this tulle;

CTTM > IATM > MDL > EIIKM > PS > GO

I think the reason I cant rank IATM last is because Shiver, Mary Without Sound and My Favorite Accident were stables in the soundtrack to my high school years.

scott and sdnyjns like this.
  14. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

CTTM > IATM > EIIKM > Go > MDL > PS

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  15. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

CTTM > EIIKM > MDL > IATM > PS > Go

But really, if I were to put these on a scale, the order would be the same just every album is .2-.5 score lower than the previous. I love this band too much to negatively rate an album.

musicfan9795 likes this.
  16. SEMUSIC

This was one of the bands back in the day that I always just brushed over and never got into. I really started listening to them last year and went on a Motion City kick that lasted for months. I even won two tickets to their show last fall with TWY but I ended up not being able to make it so I'm really upset about this but at least they're doing a farewell tour. I honestly can not pick a favorite album from them but CTTM, EIIKM, and MDL are all so good.

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I listened to My Dinosaur Life all the way through for the first time in a while last night, and holy damn I love that album. I can't even explain how much that album means to me. I'm still so sad about all of this.

18. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Bought tickets to Anaheim and San Diego 'cause why not.

19. hallowblue

There's a monster under all this tulle;

maybe just a little bit in love with @nohandstoholdonto 's cover of Modern Chemistry in that Chorus.fm complication.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Never gave these guys a solid chance until my Nana passed away. I would listen to, "Happy Anniversary," on repeat while she was sick. Sounds depressing as hell, but whenever I hear that song, or any MCS for that matter, I feel completely at peace. Music is an amazing thing.

Jake Z, SpyKi and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't ever listen to that song and not get choked up. It's one of only a few songs like that for me.

23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Same. It's so incredibly powerful. I've never listened to something so sad yet so positive at the same time.

FTank likes this.
  24. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Poor Steve is going to have to suffer through me crying through their entire set next month. I'm going to ugly cry my way through "Hold Me Down"

25. Jake Z

Regular

So stoked yet sad to see them one final time. Going to see them for the 6th time, and words can't explain what they mean to me. It's going to be an emotional night.